What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging members for trial games.

MightySharks

Bench
Manly charged $20 for the public yesterday to the trial at Brookvale but they charged their own members $10, this surprised me I would have thought you would have free entry as part of the membership package every little incentive helps.

I know when it was at Cronulla last year it was free for members.

innsaneink

Referee
Wests Tigers charge full price at the Roosters trial, there was a slight discount initially but with booking fee etc a walk up ticket on the night is cheaper.
Members had a 3 day window for half price tix for the Parra trial at Cambo next week

Looks like WTs are now going to charge members for items that used to be included in the membership packs, cap/keyrings etc

john13

Juniors
I don't go to any Trial games because teams aren't playing full strength teams and it it's not really much of a completive game at times. I think all trial games should cost no more than $20

It's more of a joke when fans of clubs puff up their chests at having beaten another trial team, and the vanquished had 42 U20 and state cup players and 2 fringe first graders up against half a regular team and a sprinkling of U20s.

If they're going to charge the fans - esp $20-$30, the NRL should be setting up a proper pre-season of three rounds, where there are rules around playing rosters, etc.

At the moment, it's all a bit higgledy-piggledy for mine.

siv

First Grade
They need to recover costs so yes

But as you say costs should be on par with a NSW Cup or QLD Cup match

i agree that trial games should be priced on par with the NSW/ Bundy Red Cups - and should not be priced at normal NRL prices (or near it!).