What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

charity trial

Galeforce

Bench
some flashes , best news NO injuries and we treated it as a trial and rested players across the field .
Problems for Lang

Fullback -- Wesser , whilst OK may not be a premiership winning fullback now. As for Webster , he does not have the defence nor have i seen the heart for defence. for mine Inglis or one of the bigger young ones?

Props -- all a little boring from Geddes , Ross , Roy and definitely Stuart. We do not have a runaway express in our props at this stage , whilst Saints had them in their replacement props. maybe we do not need this when we have the runaway express secondrowers of Burgess and Taylor with Eddie. George B , will need more time , maybe end of year.

potential
i think giving Vai Vai and Farrel time to develop together as our centres may pay dividends.

Sutton and Sandow looked OK

Eddy was great today

JetRider

Juniors
Thought Vai Vai, Farrell and morgan went ok. Peats was good when he was on, added some sparl to dummy half. Forwards lacked punch and defense needs a lot of work. i thought Roy did ok, pettybourne was good. Our halfs are still a worry.

African Monkey

First Grade
I thought our halves were impressive especially Sandow. If there was to be 1 criticism of Sutton, he stands too flat on last tackle plays, allowing defences to get in his face and forcing him into making rushed plays. Wesser was good I thought and Pettybourne showed what a classy player he really is. Vai Vai was also very good.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I thought and Pettybourne showed what a classy player he really is.

really? i thought he was lucky not to get penalised for quite a few of his high shots..

has the potential to be good, but if he doesn't change that style, he runs the risk of being another judiciary favourite..

2010Dragons

Bench
some flashes , best news NO injuries and we treated it as a trial and rested players across the field .
Problems for Lang

Fullback -- Wesser , whilst OK may not be a premiership winning fullback now. As for Webster , he does not have the defence nor have i seen the heart for defence. for mine Inglis or one of the bigger young ones?

Props -- all a little boring from Geddes , Ross , Roy and definitely Stuart. We do not have a runaway express in our props at this stage , whilst Saints had them in their replacement props. maybe we do not need this when we have the runaway express secondrowers of Burgess and Taylor with Eddie. George B , will need more time , maybe end of year.

potential
i think giving Vai Vai and Farrel time to develop together as our centres may pay dividends.

Sutton and Sandow looked OK

Eddy was great today

Galeforce,
Your team has problems in key positons.
Fullback
5/8
Halfback

If these postions are filled will decent players ....than your team has a chance to make the top 8.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
It was a trial and our first hit out for the year. We will learn more about our team come round one. There was too much chopping and changing in both sides to get much of an indication. I will comment more when we have the likes of Issac Luke, Stuart, Burgess, Taylor and Merritt back.

About as good as Matt Cooper.

You are off you're head.

Cooper put a try on, made 10 tackles without missing one and didn't put a foot wrong.

Wesser got made to look like the buttery, little Lindt ball that he is.

fullZZZZZZTVC051231143025PIC.jpg

Big Sam

First Grade
Without any of our stars, it was hard to get a decent grasp on what we'll do this season. One thing's for sure though - Wesser's still as useless as ever. Send him to North Sydney Oval and put Max at fullback.

DC_fan

Coach
It was only a trial and we were missing a number of players. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to trial results. But one thing that last night showed is a lack of quality depth in the team.

If we have our best 13 on the field for most of the season then I expect us to have a good season. With no reason for us missing the finals.

The problem will be is if we suffer injuries to our star players. We don't have the quality backup strength that is required to cover injuries.

BranVan3000

Coach
The defense was worryingly similar to last year. Oppositions punching holes and players running off their lines and creating holes

I know it's the younger squad but they would've been through the same training as the others, and Sandow was doing the same sh*t as ever from what I saw. Sutton seemed to be going well though

African Monkey

First Grade
really? i thought he was lucky not to get penalised for quite a few of his high shots..

has the potential to be good, but if he doesn't change that style, he runs the risk of being another judiciary favourite..
It's a small part of his game that can be easily fixed imo.

BranVan3000

Coach
It was only a trial and we were missing a number of players. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to trial results. But one thing that last night showed is a lack of quality depth in the team.

If we have our best 13 on the field for most of the season then I expect us to have a good season. With no reason for us missing the finals.

The problem will be is if we suffer injuries to our star players. We don't have the quality backup strength that is required to cover injuries.
Keep in mind that it was the first NRL game ever for the majority of players on the field, and the first in almost a year for a few others. That team essentially won the TC minor premiership together so I'd imagine they would make a strong backup unit once the jitters are out and they aren't facing down the NRL premiers for their fist game

Plus it'd take a catastrophe of 2010 proportions with injuries for us to need to field a side like that week-to-week

Their defence needs a lot of work though. It's obviously not a skill that necessary in Toyota Cup

Zigwaa

Bench
Defence and errors were a bit worrying. Good hit out though. Plenty for John Lang to work before the start of the season.

Dave Taylor and Burgess will make a big difference.

Vai Vai and Farrell looked good too.