What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chase

Godz Illa

Coach
http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/stanley-chases-the-big-league/2539215.aspx

Interesting article on Chase in the Leader today. I like the fact that the coaching staff are showing patience with him, rather than rushing his progress. He is signed for 3 years I think so there is no need to rush, the benefits are potentially much greater if they take their time. No urgent need at the moment for him to be in first grade, much better to get him fit and confident for later in the year.

Mr Red

First Grade
Stanley is made of tissue paper - will be injured again before he gets a crack at first grade..
i was more interested in this point in the article:

"The Cutters have been boosted by former South Sydney and Parramatta halfback Jeremy Smith.
‘‘On the weekend he showed why he is such a quality player and was the best player on the park by a long way.’’

Still showing good form... could be a handy player if we get an injury to hornby or soward...

Breathingfire

Juniors
I guess the big question is...where do you play him? I wouldn't think they would drop Kyle? I think Chase is probably a more natural centre and would provide more of an attacking threat in said position. He is more agile and fleet of foot than Kyle; who I see as more of a ball player than a runner.

to_ddeath

Coach
If he doesn't get at least a couple of FG appearances in this year, then releasing him would be a better option. At the moment both him and Emmett are taking up cap space (even if small value)...

T.

Fire

First Grade
Good work by all staff involved. You can't mess around once a player has had an ACL injury, sometimes they are career ending. I really hope he cracks the NRL again (how we fit him in the team is another question, but a good problem to have).

Bring back choc

Juniors
http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/stanley-chases-the-big-league/2539215.aspx

Interesting article on Chase in the Leader today. I like the fact that the coaching staff are showing patience with him, rather than rushing his progress. He is signed for 3 years I think so there is no need to rush, the benefits are potentially much greater if they take their time. No urgent need at the moment for him to be in first grade, much better to get him fit and confident for later in the year.

Hahah mate you are as weak as water. He should never have been signed. He will be lucky to play 1st grade this year and next. So where's the benefit in that?

Bring back choc

Juniors
If he doesn't get at least a couple of FG appearances in this year, then releasing him would be a better option. At the moment both him and Emmett are taking up cap space (even if small value)...

T.

Agreed.

Thank christ the likes of GODZ and GYPSY will never need to make a tough decision regarding our football club. If anywhere else.

He's definitely worth persevering with. He's still only 22, and has nearly 50 games of NRL under his belt. Give the kid some time to recover. If the will to succeed is there, and with the support of the club and we supporters, we'll see him back in the top grade soon enough. And we are going to need him.

64 Dragon

Coach
If the rumours are true we would have lost Kyle if we didn't sign Chase. So if we want to keep Kyle, Chase stays. I bet he's not on big dollars.

Mr Red

First Grade
Great support Mr Red - inspirational stuff...

mate thats 330 posts too many for you...
anyone with half a brain knows Chase was signed as a incentive for Kyle to stay and nothing more.
he can run around in the cutters forever... doesnt matter if he's fit or not.

Cagey Mac

Bench
There are players who have injury plagued starts to their careers and go on to be useful and there are those that don't.
It's up to our rehab guys to address our players and determine their value based on their learned diagnoses.
Undoubtedly Chase has potential, whether or not it will be realised...only the future will tell
Good luck to him!

st.phil

Bench
mate thats 330 posts too many for you...
anyone with half a brain knows Chase was signed as a incentive for Kyle to stay and nothing more.
he can run around in the cutters forever... doesnt matter if he's fit or not.

And how do you know all of this Reddy boy? You seem to know a whole heap....but I have a firm suspicion you don't know $hit. I have noted that you are a serial deduce-err from begrudgingly reading some of your posts on this forum. The obviousness - oh the obviousness.

Sure - signing Chase undoubtedly helped us keep Kyle...but what ridiculous assumption to say that was the reason he signed! Mark Gasnier (you probably thought he was $hit also yeh?) pegged chase to be our right centre this year. He represented NZ at 19, Craig Bellamy had him as starting right centre for the storm ahead of Beau Champion who, although average, was a buzz signing at the time. Steve Price is on the record as saying he will play a "big part" in our team this year, Paul McGregor see's the same from the article above. So...those lads have no idea and YOU have it right. Yeah - ok.

Again...OBVIOUSLY it depends on whether the poor bugger can get fit. But me...I'll be cheering for him...hoping he gets / stays fit and fulfills his potential. You undoubtedly will be death-riding him to prove that your pi$$weak theory holds water. Great supporter.

Eat A Peach.

ghostface

Juniors
Chase was called into play firstgrade a little early. He was selected to play in an underperforming team and made the most of his chances by performing better than most had expected. His form forced dragons staff to make him a 1st team regular before his time. Those in the know see his talent notably Wayne Bennett and particularly Craig Bellamy who picked him as first choice centre for the storm before his season ending injury. At 22 he can still develop into a top player