What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chelsea F.C. II: Return of the Special One

HOw many trophies?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

Immortal
For the first time in several years, Chelsea can look forward to a new season without the uncertainty of a new manager. Ancelotti has done very well in claiming the Premier League and FA Cup double in his first year, but until we get our hands on the Champions League trophy there will always be unfinished business...

Joe Cole, Ballack, Beletti and Stoch are gone. Yossi Benayoun is the only signing of note thus far, however the return of Essien and Bosingwa is like having $30 million in signings alone. The Torres rumours won't go away, but we'd be better off with someone like Aguero. Either way, the next couple of weeks will be very interesting. Whatever happens though, the core roster of Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Essien, Cech, Ivanovic, Anelka and Malouda is a pretty handy start

It all kicks off on Saturday with a friendly against Crystal Palace, then its on the plane for games against Ajax, Eintracht and Hamburg before the Community Shield defence against United...

nibbs

Bench
Jimbo. The loss of both Joe Cole and Ballack concern me. They provided excellent depth to our midfield, whichs always seems to be plagued by injury. The signing of Benayoun quite frankly annoys me. He is a right douche of a player IMO who I've always taken great pleasure in ridiculing.

Aguero is the type of winger we could really use IMO. Malouda found his feet last season and for once we could have two excellent attacking options on both flanks to feed Drogba.

I can't see what value we'd get in Torres, when we've already got Didier Drogba. I'm more interested in the prospect of Kaka linking back up with Ancelotti. I'd presume this isn't just hear say, and the club will actually attempt to sign him. I wonder if they'll use Ashley Cole as a bargaining chip? Then again, can we really afford to lose the world's best left back? I don't know who we'd bring in to replace him? Unless of course Ivanovic slots in there. Which to be perfectly honest, I feel he would be more than capable of doing.

Jimbo

Immortal
Some good points nibbs. Have we really gained that much in swapping Joe Cole for Yossi? And who will replace Ballack? Time will tell I guess

The good news is that Carlo has money to spend...

The Tank

Bench
Agree on Aguero/Torres... Although I'd love to have Torres I think Aguero is better suited and more needed. Torres' injuries a worry but if comes I'll be delighted.

Disagree on Cole/Benayoun... Cole has been absolute rubbish for us for a number of years now (taking into account his injuries). Benayoun won't deliver us a CL but he'll do what Cole was meant to. I dunno who's going to replace Ballack, possibly youth but I think we need an experienced replacement.

I pray Ashley doesn't go to Real. When we're looking to win the CL we shouldn't be selling our best players.

Jimbo

Immortal
Real are apparently lining up Patrice Evra if they can't get Ashley

Meanwhile the Bison is back in business and finding the back of the net :D

Jason Maher

Immortal
Wrong United back - Real are gunning for Vidic. There's no way in hell we'll sell Evra. Seriously, do those f**kers have any plan aside from spend sh*tloads of money buying everyone else's best players?

I'm surprised you guys let Ballack go, and I'd be doubly surprised if you let the other Cole go. Surely you don't need the transfer fees?

Jimbo

Immortal
Wrong United back - Real are gunning for Vidic.

Not according to this:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...-will-raid-manchester-united-for-patrice-evra

The usual 'silly season' and 'news of the world' caveats apply though, of course...

There's no way in hell we'll sell Evra. Seriously, do those f**kers have any plan aside from spend sh*tloads of money buying everyone else's best players?

Well they've got themselves a pretty good coach now as well...

I'm surprised you guys let Ballack go, and I'd be doubly surprised if you let the other Cole go. Surely you don't need the transfer fees?

I'd be astonished if we let the other Cole go as well

I'm sure he'll want to stick around and go for his seventh FA Cup winner's medal though :D

Ridders

Coach
Chelsea will begin the defence of their Premier League title without Petr Cech after the club confirmed on Wednesday the goalkeeper has suffered a calf injury.

petrcech20100717point_275x155.jpg

GettyImages
Petr Cech played in a pre-season friendly against Crystal Palace

Cech sustained the injury during pre-season training on Tuesday and is expected to be sidelined for a month, meaning he is unlikely to be available for Chelsea's opening Premier League fixture against West Brom on August 14.

"Scans have shown Petr Cech has torn a calf muscle in his right leg and the goalkeeper is expected to be out for a month," a club statement read.
It is a similar injury to the one suffered by Cech in a Champions League match against Inter Milan in February.

On that occasion, Cech was substituted in the first leg defeat to the Italian club on February 24 and did not return to the starting line-up until a 5-0 win over Portsmouth exactly one month later.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=809608&sec=england&cc=3436

Jimbo

Immortal
Our first three games are against West Brom, Wigan and Stoke. I don't think we'll miss Cech too much

It's a shame that he'll miss the shield though. Gives Man U hope of winning something this season...

The Tank

Bench
Looks as though we've got Ramires from Benfica. Not official yet but basically a done deal. We're in for 1 more signing... mentioned have been Dario Srna, David Luiz, and Neymar. Ashley Cole MAY be moving to Madrid if the rumours are true of him wanting out, although Carlo says no cash will tempt Chelsea to sell.

Jimbo

Immortal
A nice 6-0 to kick off the season last night

3 goals for Drogba to kick off his golden boot defence

And Super Frank's 20 goal haul is underway...

:D

The Tank

Bench
Nice start. Surprised TBH, I thought we'd snag a 1-0 win after our pre-season form. Drogba is a beast! We're also trying to sign Neymar from Santos. Hope we get him.

Jimbo

Immortal
Ramires has passed his medical, and has been given the #7 shirt

Looking forward to seeing him get a run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts