What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cherry Evans and Watmough ..

ram raid

Bench
Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere .. I couldn't see any threads about it. Does anybody know what this beef between Cherry Evans and Watmough is about? Is it just that Cherry Evans has worked out along with the rest of the world that Watmough is a gigantic douchebag?

ceagle

Bench
At the moment it's just telecrap gossip nonsense. Fans won't begin to panic until it comes from a better source.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Choc vs Cherry , sounds like a promotion for the new Cornetto . Hard arsed nick names on the Northern Beaches .

eozsmiles

Bench
When Dessie left, DCE's manager saw it as an opportune moment to ask for a release and secured a massive upgrade and extension (reportedly $50k > $500k). After the bronco rumours in the offseason, it's been rumoured that DCE got another upgrade for this season and next. So Choc thinks it's his fault that the club has cap issues and that Glen Stewart didn't get an offer.

Choc did an interview a couple of months ago and said he thought it was rude that players were seeking upgrades and extensions when they still had multiple years to run on their contract. It seemed pretty obvious who he was referring to.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The great Beaver Menzies got pushed out because the current oldies hit their prime and got massive salary upgrades, what goes comes around.

ram raid

Bench
When Dessie left, DCE's manager saw it as an opportune moment to ask for a release and secured a massive upgrade and extension (reportedly $50k > $500k). After the bronco rumours in the offseason, it's been rumoured that DCE got another upgrade for this season and next. So Choc thinks it's his fault that the club has cap issues and that Glen Stewart didn't get an offer.

Choc did an interview a couple of months ago and said he thought it was rude that players were seeking upgrades and extensions when they still had multiple years to run on their contract. It seemed pretty obvious who he was referring to.

:thumb

Adds another dynamic to the Origin. Hope Choc puts some heavy kick-chases on DCE.

f**k 50k - 500k must be the biggest upgrade ever. Talk about getting a promotion.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Obviously Watmough went back to Manly after playing SOO and asked Daly Blueberry Evans why he isn't half as good as the special one

Dutchy

Immortal
It really looked like they hated each other on Friday. Choc was ready to kill Bulldogs players after the Kasiano grub shot.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
What do they do though? He will get it else where and leave. Halfback generally gets payed the most. He is the sort of player we want around at Manly for all his career. As it has been pointed out, Beaver was forced out to make room for the current batch. That was Steve "I'll turn down the Parramatta Leagues Club to save the club" Menzies.... As a club, Manly has a history of letting the player go before they are too old. Cliff Lyons being the only freakish exemption to that rule I can recall. Past club premiership winning captains like Fulton and Vautin were allowed to leave. Don't get me wrong, I'll be sad seeing Glen roll out in that Freddy krueger outfit next year.... The salary cap is a bitch, but as a club, Manly has usually managed it quite well.

eozsmiles

Bench
DCE will end up at the Broncs inevitably anyway.

Manly have a truckload of 3rd party sponsors and the same cap as the broncos. Plus a better coach. And DCE's partner is a Manly local. He might not be allowed to leave if the money is comparative. Happy wife, happy life and all that. And Manly have a Foran.

I reckon the DCE -> Broncos rumour is being blown up a bit. No doubt they want him, but can't see how they are over the line.

Patorick

Staff member
The DCE Broncos talk will never cease.

Embrace it and enjoy it for what it is.

ManlyMania

Juniors
If he goes I think it's a bad career move. He has made his name by playing well where he is and can become the best player in the game and maintain that position at manly- year in year at out an achieving club.

Latest posts