What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

child modeling?

Carnifex

Juniors
hey,

not sure if its called child "modeling" but anyways, my sister wants to get my 8 month old niece into tv commercials or store catalogues etc...but we arent sure how you go about it. We have heard some agencies charge you an arm and a leg just to get the kid in there...so does anyone have any recommendations (preferbly ones that dont cost so much) on how to get into this type of thing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
agencies are pretty much the only way to go

just shop around for some one who wont rip you off

gUt

Coach
We got sucked in by an agency that perfectly appealed to our parental vanity. It was Bettina who are a legit agency but really unless your kid has extraordinary looks, (something to set it apart) the only way you will get work is if you are mates with people in the business.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Thats what I found as well, even though you are with an agency, you have to find the work yourself, as the agency will put you up against everyone else in their agency.

Thomas

First Grade
That's pretty much how it is for nearly everything in that industry.

Bugger that. I'll teach my boy golf or tennis.

Parra

Referee
You will meet someone who will charge you a decent fee for a portfolio.

In this industry parents are the marks, not the earners.

The original post begs the question - Why?

Dave Q

Coach
You will meet someone who will charge you a decent fee for a portfolio.

In this industry parents are the marks, not the earners.

The original post begs the question - Why?

Everyone likes to think of their own little Freddy or Myrtle as being something special.

The truth is that the kids should be special to you and who cares what anyone else thinks.

People who pimp their kids are just stupid.

There are no good agencies, just empty promises and an empty wallett.