What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Lawrence round 18 return ?

jmmyo81

Juniors
I noticed on the tigers website today that there is now a return date for Chris Lawrence and it is round 18. Is this correct ? i thought he was still a bit further off. Great news if it is :) Anyone have more details

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I noticed on the tigers website today that there is now a return date for Chris Lawrence and it is round 18. Is this correct ? i thought he was still a bit further off. Great news if it is :) Anyone have more details

I'd suspect on top of that he would need a couple of weeks to get match fit too. So hopefully a fully fit, match fit, Chris Lawrence for the final few games of the season and then who knows if we make into the finals series.

Thank god that it didnt end up as serious as first thought for him. Could have ended his career. Here's hoping all continues to go well for him.

Last edited:

tumblingdice

Juniors
Marshall will almost certainly return in round 18 against Parramatta. That, coincidentally, is the match Lawrence is eyeing off, having progressed well in recent weeks following his hip dislocation in round three.
Lawrence began running earlier this month, and while knowing the club would be cautious with him, acknowledged he was a chance of returning at the same time as Marshall, who damaged his knee on Sunday against Melbourne. ''That's best-case scenario,'' Lawrence told the Herald yesterday.
Advertisement: Story continues below
''I'll hopefully have a pretty good hit-out over the bye weekend. If I get through that all right, hopefully I'll be back the week after that. I've been doing a bit of running and I've been bumping it up every week.
''The club don't want to push me too much. It was a pretty unusual injury and there's no real protocol on it. I could be right after the bye but they might just give me the extra week to make sure. I'm just trying to get myself ready.''
A round-18 return would mean Lawrence would have been sidelined for just over three months, which would be quite remarkable given there were fears his season, and even his career, might have been over with his shocking injury.
''It's close to the three months now,'' Lawrence said. ''It probably has been the best-case scenario for me. Everything's gone well with the rehab and I've been working hard. It was pretty tough at the start, not knowing how long I'd be out for, just not knowing any sort of timeframe, but once I had the scans which showed I could play again this year, that there was no damage to the cartilage, it allowed me to keep moving forward. Hopefully I'll get a good four or five weeks in me before the finals to give me time to get some match fitness.''
Lawrence said he was not feeling any pain in his hip.
''I haven't really felt much pain since the third or fourth week,'' he said. ''It's just a matter of making sure it's strong enough now.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-for-tigers-20110620-1gbzu.html#ixzz1PuKYWrGl

Borat.

Juniors
Blake was on BSB this morning and he said Chris would return round 18- He was aiming to make the quickest return to the field after sustaining this type of injury

andrew9148

Juniors
How f**king good is Chris Lawrence. He could have said f**k this I will have the year off but he has got himself right to go.