What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris McQueen going to???? New Neck tattoo??

bondy064

Juniors
He's a good player who can fill in at many roles but not a top quality in one position (Jack of all trades master of none). Played well for Qld last year with a good work rate.

BunniesMan

Immortal
People in high places rate the guy,and that is all that matters at contract time,so you are in the majority and rate McQueen like i do,but $175k a year for an origin player doesn't make sense these days,something has to give.

And that's why negotiations are happening over an upgraded extension. But if those negotiations fail he's gone after 2015, not before.

bondy064

Juniors
And that's why negotiations are happening over an upgraded extension. But if those negotiations fail he's gone after 2015, not before.

Nah mate, unless Souths show some interest he is off for next year. Manly have made an offer

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
For 2016. He is contracted for 2015. Contracts matter if you want to go to another NRL club.
Only when you don't have salary cap pressures. You just bought one G. Stewart. We can argue about the pluses and minuses to the Rabbits salary cap for 2013/14/15 to guess, but really we have no idea.

I'm not sure why Manly would want to pick him up or why he would want to leave the Bunnies. I can't see him being a certain start in Maroon and White though, even with one gap recently made. The only link I can make is Matt Ballin is also from Kinagory.

Time will tell.... He would obviously need to be cheap to come to Manly though.

Only when you don't have salary cap pressures. You just bought one G. Stewart. We can argue about the pluses and minuses to the Rabbits salary cap for 2013/14/15 to guess, but really we have no idea.

I'm not sure why Manly would want to pick him up or why he would want to leave the Bunnies. I can't see him being a certain start in Maroon and White though, even with one gap recently made. The only link I can make is Matt Ballin is also from Kinagory.

Time will tell.... He would obviously need to be cheap to come to Manly though.

A contract is still a contract and if we were under salary cap pressure, why would we release the guy that's on $175k?

He can't just break his contract because he has a better offer.

McQueen will be at Souths next year. In fact, my info is that Te'o leaving will create enough space for us to give him an upgrade and that he will extend.

Don't know where the OP is coming from but I reckon he's either a butt hurt manly fan in denial or a straight up troll.

Either way, we'll know in a few weeks time.

LESStar58

Referee
Chris McQueen hasn't been shown any real interest by Souths and is weighing up an offer to go to Manly. Not a chance of going to the Cowboys.

Doesn't he have a neck tattoo with the number he was selected for the Rabbitohs?

I thought that the neck tattoo was the Kingaroy postcode?

BranVan3000

Coach
People in high places rate the guy,and that is all that matters at contract time,so you are in the majority and rate McQueen like i do,but $175k a year for an origin player doesn't make sense these days,something has to give.

Souths won't keep both Teo and McQueen. And I think it's a bit unfair to keep him on 175k, contract or no. When we find out what happens with Teo it will say a lot about what will happen with McQueen

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
pretty sure mcqueen's already indicated his decision based on the tattoo..

when you play for other clubs, you get a tattoo when you win a premiership..

587963-darius-boyd.jpg

651130-greg-inglis.jpg

when you play for souths, you get a tattoo of your debut number:

Chris+McQueen+NRL+Rd+17+Rabbitohs+v+Warriors+MBtSS0B_2C_l.jpg

he's going nowhere...

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Don't know where the OP is coming from but I reckon he's either a butt hurt manly fan in denial or a straight up troll.

Butt hurt from what? Losing Glenn Stewart?

Losing Stewart means we up the ante in retaining DCE and assisted in keeping Hiku and who knows who else.

I say THANK YOU Souffs for taking him!!

fred95

Juniors
A contract is still a contract and if we were under salary cap pressure, why would we release the guy that's on $175k?

He can't just break his contract because he has a better offer.

McQueen will be at Souths next year. In fact, my info is that Te'o leaving will create enough space for us to give him an upgrade and that he will extend.

I read somewhere he was on 135K but whatever he's on really does"nt matter, if souths need his contract money to help boost their finances to sign another player they will only be too happy to release him. I doubt he will be playing for Souths next year.