What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Thorman Interview

PB

Bench
What they need to do is get the theme music from the old "Thor, God of Thunder" cartoon and play it at the stadium everytime he scores!

Miiiiiighty Thor!!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
It will be interesting to see how his younger brothers develop??

I wouldn't mind all 3 playing for Parramatta if they have the talent.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Seems like a top bloke. Hope he fits in well and develops into a real top class player with the Eels.

The Colonel

Immortal
I don't think we will have to worry about him becoming an international with us Mr G. He has already represented Engl;and at every level bar the top side and on his performance from the other week I don't think it will be too long before he is playing for them. I'd say by the time he joins us he will be an international.

Eelementary

Post Whore
"Wallsend 23-year-old Chris Thorman has left behind the football hotbed to become such a star with the oval ball that a top Australian side have signed him up."

Excuse me? A TOP Australian side? No offense to the Eels (which as you know I ADORE) but I hardly thin we were a TOP side in 2003.

But goo on you, Chris.

parra_princess

Juniors
Alright so we've had 2 shit seasons. I don't think we can stop calling ourselves a "Top Club" simply because we didn't make the finals for the first time in many years. Shit happens. It was a bad season and nothing went right for us you just have to move on. We are still one of the more successful Sydney clubs. We have won premierships, dominated an era and produced many of the games greats. In seasons gone by no side has played Parramatta and been assured of a win. We are a top side in every facet of the word. I can't wait till Thorman comes. He sounds ready, thats two players who I know are ready to rumble in 2004 and I must say things are looking up for us.

Eelectrica

Referee
I 100% agree PP. The last two seasons have not met our expections but sometimes a team exceeds expections and somes they under achieve. Next year we will be back
Also the more I read about Thorman the more I like.

half

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
It will be interesting to see how his younger brothers develop??

I wouldn't mind all 3 playing for Parramatta if they have the talent.
but parra has a one-brother policy!

i think his nickname should be thormy thorman

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think a top side is like the Broncos PRIOR to this year; arguably one of the most dominant teams of the decade. They always made the finals and always threatened for Premierships.

Or a team like the Dragons; they've had a couple of shockers, but are capable of playing incredible footy; and (I THINK) they are the second most successful club after South Sydney.

Parramatta has existed for 4o-odd years and we have won 4 Premierships. Yes, since Brian came (bar this year) we have consistently made the finals. But I think a top team has to do more than that.

Don't get me wrong. You all know by now I BLEED, SWEAT and CRY Blue and Gold. But I don't think we are a Top Side. We haven't reached that peak yet.

And the Rorters are starting to attain that peak IMHO.

bartman

Immortal
I think maybe they might mean we're a "top club", in that Parra is well known throughout the league playing world, and we probably have more "supporters" far and wide than any other NRL club (as a result of our success in the 80s no doubt)?

We are a top club, as our continued club championship records over the last two decades demonstrate. Even if the form of our first grade has fluctuated during that time.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
As advised by the up to date Eels office, regarding the question of "has Chris thorman arrived yet?".

"No, we hope to have Chris with us very soon. He has just finished his commitments in the UK, and is in the process of organizing all the necessary documentation before his arrival."

Hot off the press from the Eels Office.............so he's probably here by now.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Twizzle said:
As advised by the up to date Eels office, regarding the question of "has Chris thorman arrived yet?".

"No, we hope to have Chris with us very soon. He has just finished his commitments in the UK, and is in the process of organizing all the necessary documentation before his arrival."

Hot off the press from the Eels Office.............so he's probably here by now.

I can't believe this!!, the site has only published it a week after i knew about this!