What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Walker released, career all but over

jimmy77au

Juniors
CHRIS Walker's colourful NRL career appears to be over, with Parramatta granting the former Maroons flyer a release from the remainder of his contract this year.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal Chris Walker approached Eels officials two weeks ago for permission to re-join his family in Queensland.

Parramatta sources said Walker intended to retire following an up-and-down season with the blue and golds that saw his injury woes continue.

More details to come in tomorrow's Daily Telegraph.

Because the Article doesn't say Daily Telegraph enough - I've had to edit to include the source.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...eer-all-but-over/story-e6frexnr-1226104324852

Last edited:

jason taylor

Bench
I think he could have been a handy signing this season.

Sadly he didn't bother trying. Seemed very disinterested when on the field.

Eels Dude

Coach
So much for all these positive off season articles. Webb losing weight. Mortimor ready for a big season. Whatuira dedicated to a fresh start at the Eels. Chris Walker dedicated to a fresh start at the Eels.

CrazyEel

Bench
So much for all these positive off season articles. Webb losing weight. Mortimor ready for a big season. Whatuira dedicated to a fresh start at the Eels. Chris Walker dedicated to a fresh start at the Eels.
Yep, also reminds me of last years "no more slow starts" article from DA and the big Alan Jones pep talk ;-)

you know what they say there are 16 premiers in january but only one in october :D
out of all our off season buys only reni maitua has really kicked on maguire went well for a while but is running out of puff now im most disappointed in webb i really thought he was going to go well this year

DeanPay98

Juniors
Actually I would wish Walker well in his retirement or whatever future endeavours he has in mind. He played a few good games for us and that's fine. He does not have to carry the can for Grothe retiring, Tahu imploding and Reddy getting injured.

I would also note that in the Wenty games I've seen Hicks still obviously has the skill and knowledge. He just does not have the NRL level speed anymore.

Maitua and Maguire have been quite good. The latter was aked to go above and beyond and he can't be blamed for falling a bit short.