What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Walker Try

Iafeta

Referee
No try. Deliberate attempt to get past a defender with an unfair tap forward.

Then again, it is Paul Simpkins, AKA the man who sent Wade McKinnon off for a phantom knee to Taniela Tuiaki's head. He is the worst referee of all time, just ahead of Steve Clark.

innsaneink

Referee
No try. Deliberate attempt to get past a defender with an unfair tap forward.

Then again, it is Paul Simpkins, AKA the man who sent Wade McKinnon off for a phantom knee to Taniela Tuiaki's head. He is the worst referee of all time, just ahead of Steve Clark.

How do you know it was a deliberate tap forward, it was just out of his reach at full stretch in mid air, he looked to me to be attemptring to control it as best he could...fair try imo, the offside was negligible

Iafeta

Referee
How do you know it was a deliberate tap forward, it was just out of his reach at full stretch in mid air, he looked to me to be attemptring to control it as best he could...fair try imo, the offside was negligible

He makes no attempt whatsoever to catch it. He had a fair chance at bringing it under control. He doesn't, instead he taps it in an upward motion past Nightingale. If he was trying to catch it, he would have tried to use two hands or tap it not so far forward, but certainly not flick the ball in an upward motion over the fullback.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I have no problem with the tap forward. He didn't knock it over Nightingale's head. I have a problem with the offside.

Collateral

Coach
Walker Try = No try...Offside and knocked it forward to gain an advantage.
Second Titans try = No Try foward pass.

No Try ruling against the Dragons = Try...Scott Prince takes his own player out and is awarded a penalty.

Rovelli

Bench
I was more irate about the offside. Could we conclude he was 100% onside. Tap-back was contentious as always.

innsaneink

Referee
He makes no attempt whatsoever to catch it. He had a fair chance at bringing it under control. He doesn't, instead he taps it in an upward motion past Nightingale. If he was trying to catch it, he would have tried to use two hands or tap it not so far forward, but certainly not flick the ball in an upward motion over the fullback.
I disagree....I think he was attempting to control it...Nightingale was nowhere near the ball...the ball was out of his reach on first attempt, so you cant say he had a fair chance at controlling it, I think he was off balance as well avoiding nightingale so two hands wouldve been impossible for him

Cletus

First Grade
I disagree....I think he was attempting to control it...Nightingale was nowhere near the ball...the ball was out of his reach on first attempt, so you cant say he had a fair chance at controlling it, I think he was off balance as well avoiding nightingale so two hands wouldve been impossible for him

Exactly, he didn't even tap it over Nightingale. Plus he was onside.

TRY!!

Latest posts