What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Williams

teecee

Juniors
The sooner that CW gets out there and starts a game for Newtown the better. A bloke with his first grade experience can only do so much off the bench. He's the spark Newtown need at the start of agame to get a roll on and not as an interchange when it's too late. Your thoughts?

Bluebag

Juniors
Chris is at his best with his spark off the bench when players start getting tired. The importance of having players with his spark cannot be measured enough but his main role is providing that spark when he comes on.

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah. Chris can run rings around opposition defence once they've been weathered down by our forward pack.

Been watching him since day one, and his ball handling skills and confidence seem to have improved drastically in recent seasons. I can still recall once being nervous when he got the ball ( season 2000 ???, 2001???, ) as opposition teams would tackle him hard the result being that the ball often came lose, and we lost it.

Or they would target him in defence with their forwards ( when fresh ).

I think he does very well in his Craig WING capacity, and hope to see him score a good one at the Showground against the Berries this arvo.

GO THE MIGHTY JETS !!!!!!!

Jeffles

Bench
He's playing as good as I've seen him. But we also have Wade who can really play too. Chris has been superb for us as a bench player. But I wouldn't start him ahead of Wade for the reasons Bluebag stated. It is greeat to have a player of his ability on the bench.

2 True Blues

Coach
Was searching thru some old threads and came across this one. It was good to see Chris in the crowd at the Jets/Parra semi final at Homebush the other month. Also about 6 months ago was driving in the eastern suburbs and noticed someone jogging on the footpath wearing a Jets T-shirt. On closer inspection I saw that it was none other than Chris going for a jog wearing his old colors with pride.

Whats he doing these days. Is he still playing footy. We could have done with Chris last season in the Jim Beam side.

Jeffles

Bench
He still works for Customs I believe. I spoke to him at Reunion Day but cannot remember. He may be playing A-Grade somewhere.

I don't know how much JBC he would've played with the points system. Adam Bennett was often missing because of the points system.

2 True Blues

Coach
Now he has had the year off he may be eligable for next season perhaps if match fitness is still up to par.

Would definately be an impact in that division I reckon, and has some great experience for leadership on the field.

2 True Blues

Coach
Pity most of the guys have gone really. Gonna be different next season as we have not retained any of the guys we are used to watching as a nucleus.

Will be basically watching The Roosters in a Jets jersey, and without Col letting them know what Newtown is all about, ( history pride etc ) will be interesting how things unfold.

THOMMO took over the role as Henson favourite last season, such as Big Pete, and Alf used to have.

Might take sometime to win over the crowd with all those new faces. Would be great to still have some of the old identities and crowd favourites around.

Wont seem like Newtown straight away I reckon.

Jeffles

Bench
Most of the JBC team will stick around and they will filter in PL as the year wears on. And I think with all the Newtown functions, the Henson Park faithful, etc, the Roosters players will appreciate the club.

2 True Blues

Coach
I wonder if the Roosters will force Jersey Flegg players into the P/L side for the sake of experienceing them,( Like Cronulla did ), or if the better player will actually get picked on form ( from the Jim Beam Cup side ).

Hope they allow the club some say in selections rather than controlling it all like the Sharks did.

I will give this new coach a chance, but he better be reading up on his Newtown tradition and history in the off season. Col did the job cause he absolutely loved the club with passion, heart and soul. Hope this new guy is not just in it for the money and a progressional feather in his coaching resume, as a stepping stone to what he would see as bigger and better things.

Hopefully Phil GOULD may be able to have some influence in teaching these guys something about what it means to be a Bluebag. Like Col was always able to do with former players in former years.

Still reckon we will be unfortunately missing that Jets Nucleus this season. Or atleast in the first couple of months.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Replicating Col's devotion and ability would be very hard to do but I guess come next year if the new team hits the field with plenty of vocal support behind them it wont take long for things to fall into place - we hope!

2 True Blues

Coach
Well there sure will get plenty of that I guess........Stock piling the Soothers now in the off season...lol......

Jeffles

Bench
I know Paul Young was given a copy of "Out of the Blue" as well as the CD of "13 Men All Dressed in Blue"

2 True Blues

Coach
Hope he finds the time to read Jeffles, but that is a good thing that he was given a copy I guess.

Tell me, do the players also get a copy to read. Cause I reckon that would be a good thing if they actually did get a copy, and also actually read it.

Jeffles

Bench
2 True Blues said:
Hope he finds the time to read Jeffles, but that is a good thing that he was given a copy I guess.

Tell me, do the players also get a copy to read. Cause I reckon that would be a good thing if they actually did get a copy, and also actually read it.

Not many players can read :lol:

They don't get a copy. But they do get a player's manual. It sets out the club Code of Conduct as well as various other policies. The Player Manual has a very in depth feature on the history of the club as well as a list of honours and records (compiled by yours truly).