What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christian Welch

SaintPeter

Juniors
Storm forward apparently available? '(for JDB) .... as a replacement ?
I know you cant replace JDB, but as a good additional forward.
He's young and mobile and on the edge of Origin selection.
Thoughts?

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Storm forward apparently available? '(for JDB) .... as a replacement ?
I know you cant replace JDB, but as a good additional forward.
He's young and mobile and on the edge of Origin selection.
Thoughts?

I watched him last year and he looks promising, he is also a big unit yet mobile. Also seems to be switched on.

I hope JDB is innocent and he gets back to play for the dragons, however Christian would make a good replacement for Graham if he finishes up this year.

Morotti

Juniors
Devil's advocate here is it is likely we could only sign him for this year.

And no way a consistent top 17 at the storm signs on with us for the rest of this year.

That's the problem with a replacement of Jack de belin. We are never going to get a decent player. May as well simply take the cash from the nrl and use what we have.

Lawrie looks to be coming along well as a long term middle forward. What about Kerr? I have only seen his stint in first grade this year and nothing else.

LINESPEED

Juniors

And no way a consistent top 17 at the storm signs on with us for the rest of this year.

That's the problem with a replacement of Jack de belin. We are never going to get a decent player. May as well simply take the cash from the nrl and use what we have.

Lawrie looks to be coming along well as a long term middle forward. What about Kerr? I have only seen his stint in first grade this year and nothing else.

Josh dropped the ball once,

and was penalised

& unlike Rav (who has multiple dropball offences), has been in the wilderness for that crime ever since -

and of course for not having spun Mary an adequate hardluckstory to attract the coach’s eternal selection lovingkindness

And Zac got shafted for a junior’s mandatory sentence of 5 weeks for dropping said ball once also - in a preseason Trial WTF

FMD - graduation at the Dragons is the toughest (& most discriminatory) gig in the NRL

Just ask the fleeing & much scarred juniors (& Kurt for his fullback offence) who are settling in quite nicely at rival outfits

And how many tries did Euan leak over 5 years?

PS
We really don’t need Christian

Last edited:

redVinme

Juniors
If Jimmy finishes up I'd be for it.
Even without jdb imagine
Vaughn
McInnes
Welch
Sims
Friz
Lawrie

Korbin
Timms/kerr/Luc/blacker (prop rotation)
Host/best of young edge forwards
Aitken/field

I'd be happy with that

Great starting pack

Glenn012

Juniors
Jack is going to be allowed to play and is then going to be found not guilty so this guy isn't needed.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I’m unsure if people are aware that Graham has recently announced an intention to play on next year?

Wittenberg

Juniors

You are right about the limitations the Club will face even if the NRL allows us to be compensated for JDB's absence. The NRL will only allow a 12 month window so which player is going to jump for almost total uncertainty?

Morotti

Juniors
It was within another article as I am sure I read it also.

I like him and he is great but I don't want him to play a year too long. And if you could get him in some sort of development role with the juniors I think that would work really well.

I ran into him near where I live a while back and we had a chat so I will attempt to do this again and update you all. He lives in gymea bay.

Latimore always seems to slow down everything out there. It does surprise me he keeps getting picked.

I know Kerr had a less than stellar debut but I still think he showed some promise. Anyway maybe he hasn't been playing well lower grades who knows. I don't like to critique too much as I don't see these guys day in and day out.

Latest posts