What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christian Welch

dragon thomo

Juniors
Looks like Christian Welch has got over his knee injury, he is off contract at the end of the season.
I feel he would be handy pick up.
If De bellin stays it would stiffen our forwards with these two.

Dragon David

First Grade
We need a guy like Christian Welch in our team. I can't see Bellamy letting him go and if Cameron Smith hangs his boots up at years end, the Storm should have good money to retain Welch.

We need our recruiters to work very hard to get the guys we need and no journeymen please.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Welch would be a bigger pick up than a lot of people think.

He's huge, has a great offload and puts in serious work. He was gassed out there in the second half last night and for 20 minutes straight he put his hand up for carries and was always looking for a late offload. Schooled NAS and Bromwich on how to do it dirty.

possm

Coach
Would be wonderful if he has, just need a good coach to keep him playing well.
Young is not the answer he was part of the problem. His father has protected him from day one and did a grubby deal to get hime the job in the first place.

Millward has not signed anyone because is full-on in negotiations for the Manager Football job. One of his demands is the title should be changed to Director of Football.

tumbidragon

First Grade
newy have made a heap of upgraded re-signings + frizz, cant see them matching us on $s
They are offloading a few players in Guerra, Esse Esse at the end of year. Plus they have a lot of basement salary players in their outside backs. Reckon they'll still be very competitive on the market.

Old Timer

Coach
Welch is a class player with a bog motor and tough exterior and would be a great signing providing good due diligence is done re his injury status.

Watching him last night he is the "rip in" and "contest hard" & "stay on your feet" style of player we need as I believe we have gone down the road of being a submit quickly and try to get a quick play the ball type of forward pack.

Unfortunately our style has not ensured we got the quick play the ball as we are far too often dominated in the tackle which slows it all down.

Hearing Welch's body collide hard in attack and defence was something we are devoid of and could very well give us "the follow me lads" forward leader we are sadly missing.

I hope the rumours re him coming here are true and would indicate to me a change of attitude as to how the game needs to be played.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree the young fella would be an upgrade on just what has been missing in the Dragons engine room - a true blessing tough , has offload skills and a work-a-holic who will only get better with age .

BUT - BUT will Bellamy allow him to leave , does he wish to leave the Storm ? I have my doubts about this more so after last nights Ch. 9 footy interview after the game .

dragon thomo

Juniors
Welch is a very good player and should be a priority for us. Hipgrave and Sorensen would also be handy as they have a go. I wouldn't mind Tamou be he would cost to much.
We just need tough forwards that would be proud to wear the jumper.

Oh yes if Vauhan wants out I would let him go.

blacksafake

First Grade
Welch is a class player with a bog motor and tough exterior and would be a great signing providing good due diligence is done re his injury status.

Watching him last night he is the "rip in" and "contest hard" & "stay on your feet" style of player we need as I believe we have gone down the road of being a submit quickly and try to get a quick play the ball type of forward pack.

Unfortunately our style has not ensured we got the quick play the ball as we are far too often dominated in the tackle which slows it all down.

Hearing Welch's body collide hard in attack and defence was something we are devoid of and could very well give us "the follow me lads" forward leader we are sadly missing.

I hope the rumours re him coming here are true and would indicate to me a change of attitude as to how the game needs to be played.
All good points OT.
Have also heard he is of very good character off the field as well.

Latest posts