What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chyna found dead in home

mackdadday

Juniors
Chyna dead at age 45. Followed her on her very active facebook account and just a sad shock. An amazingly strong personality inside the ring. Should have been in the hall of fame years ago and would have been if not for ridiculous double standards. Very sad news indeed. Wonder if they will dedicate RAW to her this week.

abpanther

Staff member
WWE legend Chyna, whose real name was Joanie Laurer, has died, according to a post on her Facebook page.

“It is with deep sadness to inform you today that we lost a true icon, a real life superhero. Joanie Laurer aka Chyna, the 9th wonder of the world has passed away. She will live forever in the memories of her millions of fans and all of us that loved her,” the post read.

Laurer’s manager Anthony Anzaldo confirmed to KTLA that she was found dead Wednesday afternoon at her home in Redondo Beach.

Officers were called to Laurer’s apartment in the 900 block of Esplanade after receiving a 911 call from a friend who said the former wrestler was not breathing, according to a news release from the Redondo Beach Police Department.

The friend had dropped by to check on Laurer after not hearing from her in several days, the release stated.

There were no indications or signs that her death was a result of foul play, according to the release.

Investigators said it appeared Laurer had died prior to being discovered by the friend.

The exact nature, cause and time of death were still being investigated by the Los Angeles County Coroner.

http://ktla.com/2016/04/20/wwe-legend-chyna-found-dead-in-her-home-at-age-45/

Another one bites the dust

Misanthrope

Staff member
Try and keep it respectful for at least a day, guys. I know you can manage that :sarcasm:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought she'd got through the rough patch and was on the mend. Still quite a shock.

I was watching some old Raw episodes from 98 last night.

Phenomonal athlete

They have already released a statement on social media and their website. I believe they will do one of their "in memory" things before the start of SmackDown as well.

RedVDave

First Grade
The best women's wrestler maybe ever as far as I am concerned. Sad to see her go but no doubt she was fighting a lot demons, the treatment she received from the company & HHH was nothing short of disgusting, which IMO accounted to some of those demons. don't want to 'bash' anyone so just going to pay respects and shut up.

RIP Chyna

Misanthrope

Staff member
While I wouldn't go so far as to call her an exceptionally gifted wrestler, she was a damned fine athlete and an attraction in her own right.

Given her sordid post WWE career, it's a shame to think she probably won't ever get that Hall of Fame inclusion that her career probably justified.

I mean, if The Godfather got in...

RedVDave

First Grade
While I wouldn't go so far as to call her an exceptionally gifted wrestler, she was a damned fine athlete and an attraction in her own right.

Given her sordid post WWE career, it's a shame to think she probably won't ever get that Hall of Fame inclusion that her career probably justified.

The hall of fame is a crock and a money grab IMO, don't get me wrong its always good to see wrestlers have their moment and get thanked by the fans and company respectively but so many people wont get in who should "just because" and that is not right IMO.

d3@t3h

Juniors
Joanie Laurer to me you will always be remembered as the 9th wonder of the world...she hulk (yes I watched and enjoyed the films)

The size of your giant heart was only matched by the size of you Cl.. I think I'll stop there

:(

Parra Pride

Coach

That's definitely the big thing here, stoop low enough to work for TNA and you probably aren't getting into the HOF unless you are Sting, or maybe Angle.... Or Booker T. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
The hall of fame is a crock and a money grab IMO, don't get me wrong its always good to see wrestlers have their moment and get thanked by the fans and company respectively but so many people wont get in who should "just because" and that is not right IMO.

The problem isn't Chyna's drug abuse or her TNA career, but it might be a hard sell to put in a woman who you can see getting more-than-double-teamed or having sex as She Hulk.

In the Attitude Era, maybe. In the PG era? Almost certainly not.