What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clifford Manua

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
Looks like the Broncos signed Cliff Manua from the sharks. He's a big mofo and should be able to get a spot on the bench if he gets some form.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
Manu%2cC%2007H_125549_p.jpg

Thats how i found out he'd been signed by the Broncos.
I dont know why he was let go by the Sharks but from what i saw he has a mountain of potential and should become a fixture on th Broncos bench.
He's a monster too. Like 195cm and 116kgs i think. Would've loved for the Dogs to had signed him but ohwell, ya get that.

gcbronco

Juniors
Interesting thanks for that I will have to watch his progress at Aspley and when he gets a chance in first grade, although I think he will face stiff competition for a spot from Nick Kenny and especially Dave Taylor who looks to be something real special, competition can't hurt though.

gcbronco

Juniors
Jacob Fauid I have heard some promising things about him, his a halfback who played for the Aspley Colts and Toowoomba Clydesdales last season, will be playing in the halves for Aspley in the Queensland Cup alongside Ben Green I believe.

Troyden Edwards I believe top try scored in the FOG'S Colts competition, to be honest I don't know a lot about him but I do believe his a centre?

Rodney Davie's name was mentioned in an article a few days back as possible competition for a winger spot, outside of that I dont know a lot about him.

The rest I can't say I have heard of them.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Clifford has a great offload, is prone to dropping the ball and bad lateral movement.

Great impact player under utilised by the sharks.

Bluebag

Juniors
Cliff has injury problems with his ankles, his legs are massive and runs like a bull and does try too often to push a pass. Was belittled regularly by Raper in front of players.

Big Pete

Referee
I hope to hear more about him.

Thanks Valea for the heads up and the Sharks supporters for more details.

jc155776

Coach
Dave Taylor is better but Manua could be decent for some impact if some problems in his game are fixed.

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah, maybe the change of coaches and what not will be better for his game. Either way I wouldn't mind checking how he goes for Aspley or during the Origin period if he gets called up.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Manua, is better in the second row, not what I would call a font rower like Taylor.

More Tony Puletua style.

Hallatia

Referee
Broncos so rarely buy players but they do cherry pick youngsters and they are good at it, Clifford is alright from what I have seen of him

Snoop Shark

First Grade
He copt a fair bit of flack on the sharks forum, but if his fitness is 100% u guys are on a good thing! He likes an offload and when his confidence is up he is anything on his day!

He has played just 2 games for the sharks(05)debut was our clubs record win Vs Manly(not that he contributed to the record win but played solid), and his 2nd game was our semi final Vs St. George at WIN, where the nerves got the better of him(silly coaching by Stu raper). After that semi final loss he never played first grade the following year. What a great confidence boost by the legendary Stu Raper:roll:

Inferno

Coach
Meanie said:
The Bronco's are getting some big young fellas.

I find that interesting coming off the back of them winning the comp based on all their forwards trimming down a few Kg.

miccle

Bench
I think it was more on the back of our forwards becoming fitter... sure they lost a few kg as a result but it wasn't about trimming down.

Hell, David Taylor is still well over the 100kg mark and he won'tt be changing that at all while he can still run 100m in 13 seconds. Size is okay, as long as they have the ability to keep performing throughout the match.

Inferno

Coach
lol, why do people keep bring up that he can run 100m in 13 seconds. If he's not going to play in the wing it's negligible.

jc155776

Coach
Speed + Strength = Power

Power is the most important thing a player can have.

Plaing football the guys you least wanna tackle are those that can run fast and have size, not just the biggest guy on the field.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Manua went well against Wynnum Manly tonight in which the Broncos won 22-14. Edwards played for Aspley Colts and is pretty much a big Kiwi centre with bugger all pace.

Latest posts