What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Close but no banana

blacklock

Juniors
i know this isnt constructive...but mother f ers! grrrr again, we hand over possession with no pressure (morris knock on), we give them a try by keeping an injured player on the field....

and then we kick it on the last with seconds to go with all tigers players waiting on the kick.

*sigh*

sick of it.

hardbaby

Coach
I feel sorry for the boys. Solid performance tonight. Much more committed in the forwards. The bench was massively improved. With an ounce of luck they could have won that.

The bad news is that we may miss a top 4 spot now. Dropping down the ladder. Confidence must be a bit dodgy. Eagles and Storm just around the corner. And every dickhead in the world will say we are chokers.

The good news is that our defence is back on track, the attitude is fixed, we have some things to work on (and will do) and we are good enough to win the comp.

So I guess all things considered, it's disappointing but not disillusional. Have faith. Go the Dragons.

blacklock

Juniors
our defense is on track? each time they moved it wide they got around us. but for them dropping the ball they pushed us back when they spread it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not the same as the previous two weeks. Team looked to be getting it back.

None of this running out to a lead and then putting the cue in the rack stuff... !

It was more grinding it out and then getting the nose in front before putting the cue back in the rack.

Just have to get off the rack. They'll do it next week.

Have to say, the disciplined pressed restarts and scrums to get down the field in the final minute were special. In the 45 odd years that I've been watching the game I can't say I've seen it done to that degree before.

Last edited:

Western Saint

First Grade
I want what he's smokin lol we weren't terrible but if that's our defense back on track we're Fu*ked

blacklock

Juniors
Not the same as the previous two weeks. Team looked to be getting it back.

None of this running out to a lead and then putting the cue the rack stuff... !

It was more grinding it out and then getting the nose in front before putting the cue back the rack.

Just have to get off the rack. They'll do it next week.

Have to say, the disciplined pressed restarts and scrums to get down the field in the final minute were special. In the 45 odd years that I've been watching the game I can't say I've seen that done to that degree Ibefore.

yeah youre prob right. just posted out of frustration lol as soon as morris knocked on.. i turned to my friend and said "thats the turning point right there like last week with gasniers knock on from sowards pass".

i mean..it wasnt terrible, but at the same time.. i didnt feel our defense was in control as it has been.

you could just see the tigers forming for their last try before it happened. robbie farrah holding the ball..dummying and running hard then spreading it. Each time we started to roll back. Only this time soward was hurt (not his fault that he missed it).

I dont know..just feels like the dragons of old would have had plenty of hungry cover defense. If one player misses...there are another 3 to make up for it. In this case, once we were broken the try was a formality. The writing was on the wall from early in the game. Our fringe defense was flimsy.

Minh

First Grade
our defense is on track? each time they moved it wide they got around us. but for them dropping the ball they pushed us back when they spread it.

I actually thought our scrambling defense and defense in general was very good bar the last 10 or so minutes, the Soward injury really hurt us because Soward often does well as a sweeper in defense with his speed but was obviously injured when we got caught out on the right hand side the first time and on the second occasion it was Beau Scott who was never going to foot it with Chris Lawrence.

I thought our mentality was back but the execution was a little off, we're getting there I saw some good signs. The Tigers is the one team I fear the most even when we are at full strength and in form they are just so dangerous and unpredictable.

The main goal now is for us to finish in the top 4 and avoid an away final non-NSW and with North Queensland losing tonight we can still keep in touch, I feel that we are not at full fitness yet the boys were blowing very hard at stages, I'm hoping they can peak fitness wise over the next two months.

The better team won tonight but I feel we won't go down without a fight and we are still good enough to make it all the way to the GF.

Breathingfire

Juniors
I was pretty disappointed with Gaz tonight. When he rushed up on Benji and I also noticed on the Marshall try he could have chased harder on Beau Ryan and pointed Boyd in the direction of Marshall, instead he loped after him slowly and forced Boyd to make a play on Ryan. He was hardly sighted in attack also. Great game from B Moz (minus the error) and I thought John Green was very good in the second half.

j0nesy

Bench
I thought we went alright tonight, much better than the Raiders and Rabbitohs games. We were quite unlucky on a number of occasions, injuries to key players during the game, most calls went against us. But thats footy.

One of the few things that Gus said that made sense was the we appear to be coming off the back of a tough training regime. We'll be tough to beat going in to the semis and even tougher in the semis. Promising signs tonight.

hardbaby

Coach
C'mon guys that was much better. Unlucky. I feel your pain but we need a team playing well enough to win the comp. Forget about the flag. Maybe even forget about the top 4. Can this team win the comp? Yes they can. So let's appreciate what we saw, applaud a Benji master class (remember the World Cup) and push aside the doom and gloom. Well done Dragons. Proud of the team...my team.

Breathingfire

Juniors
C'mon guys that was much better. Unlucky. I feel your pain but we need a team playing well enough to win the comp. Forget about the flag. Maybe even forget about the top 4. Can this team win the comp? Yes they can. So let's appreciate what we saw, applaud a Benji master class (remember the World Cup) and push aside the doom and gloom. Well done Dragons. Proud of the team...my team.

I have my doubts to be honest. I am very superstitious and my gut tells me that its not our year. I hope i'm wrong.

Last edited:

St_Bondi

Juniors
Have to disagree boys. The game was ours to win again. Of course we'll make the 8, but given tonights and the last couple of performances, that's the end of the road.

One thing I can confirm is that the Tigers supporters are the biggest bunch of f-wits I've come across. Two f-wits in particular in Bay 25, hang your heads in shame.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Get f**ked!!!!

We hit the lead again then shit ourselves....

The game is tight, and the first team to f**k up is us....

this is reminding me of the Brown days....

This is another kick in the guts...Why can't the Tigers play like they did against Parra?

Watch the Roosters next week fire up as well....

I honestly hope they turn it around but f**k me this season is going to shit....

PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG

Red V Ultras

Juniors
That was the turning point with Morris knock back in goal. Gaz had a quite game and we needed something from him but had tigers in his face all night. Doesn't look good from here and Roosters will be looking forward playing against us.

hardbaby

Coach
12 minutes to go. 2 points in it. We lose our key play maker (Soward). Then our back up (Fien) gets opened up and spends a big chunk of the time getting patched up, behind play, by the trainer. We lose structure and tactical nous. Those two grubbers were silly. And the last play should surely have been a bomb aimed at Utai. Bad decision making but understandable considering the play making issues. Unlucky. Unfortunate. Uncoordinated. Unlikely to occur in the finals. Heads up.

Minh

First Grade

Well said, I too am a believer keep the faith in the team and the tide will turn, we are too good of a football team to write off. We needed a tough grinding hit out like this minus the loss. Of course we can still win the comp.

evil_p091280

Juniors
It was a close game and either team could of got the win.

Just one quick quick question:-

Why won't refs use the video in tries against the drags? It was shown on the Sunday roast that dugan may not of scored for the win vs raiders. And again tonight on the tigers first try by Fulton.
There was doubt over the onside (Fulton ok but mckinnon was very dubious), the catch, and the grounding. Yet they just awarded it...

Not saying this is why we lost, but bloody hell, please check like you seem to on all drags and dogs tries.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Funny how Beau Ryan chose to step inside his man this year instead of kicking like he did in the last minute of last years prelim final....

Dragon

Coach
Wonder if Moz will get an AFL contract, his football fan skills may be just what they are looking for

Latest posts