What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club Championship

The club championship is going to go right down to the wire.
I believe Burleigh will pick up maximum points over the last two rounds with Tweed being their main obstacle in the Qld Cup grade and should finish on 313 points.
While Redcliffe have Wynnum and Easts who are strong in both Qld Cup and A Grade and with Wynnum Colts as well. For the Dolphins to win it for the ninth time in ten years I believe they can only afford to drop one lower grade and no Qld Cup games over the next two weeks.
While for Wynnum to win it they have to score maximum points in the last two weeks which is possible I don't think (hope) they will beat Redcliffe in every grade. I expect the clubs to split the points in that encounter.
So I'll be cheering for Tweed and Toowoomba to beat Burleigh in Qld Cup and for Brothers Valleys and Runaway Bay to cause an upset in the lower grades.
I'm hoping Redcliffe finish on about 315

Standings after this weekend's round:

Redcliffe 292
Burleigh 289
Wynnum 278

Looks like it's down to either the Dolphins or the Bears.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
All comes down to the A Grade game for mine.

Redcliffe are out of sorts but must win to ensure we win the Championship.

Unless Tweed do us a favour......

9 from 10 and how many in a row ? 7 ???

mud n blood

Juniors
I'm glad a few of the head honcho's at the peninsula rate the club championship as important, because far too many clubs and people don't care. I think it is a fair indication of the club's strength in any year.

The best part about this year, was the closeness throughout. Burleigh, Norths and Wynnum all put their hands up at different stages.

Congrats to Redcliffe .....

- It must cost you clowns a fortune up there to keep building trophy cabinets !!! Perhaps we could donate our spoons for the projest .... :roll:

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Whether you love or hate Redcliffe it's an amazing record post Broncos considering the club's position in 1988.

And they had have some very close shaves over the past 6 seasons.

The Dolphins finished only 2 points in front in 1998, only 1 point in front in 1999 and 3 points in front in 2001 all against Norths. And this year, Redcliffe finished 3 points ahead of Burleigh.