What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club cricket 2009/10 Thread

Captain BF

Juniors
This thread seems to have stagnated for a while, so here is an update from my team. We are 4 wins from 4 matches. Sitting in first. I produced my best bowling figures last weekend of 7-30 off 9 overs. Nice.

How is everyone else going?

jargan83

Coach
After scores of 20, 7 and 18 I came out and hit an unbeaten 101 on Saturday :D

Team wise we have been up and down this year, hopefully we can get some consistency. Having said that I will probably go for a duck next week :lol:

MKEB...

Staff member
We put on 316 on a belter of a track against the other team from our club in our grade. We bowled them for 212. Needless to say we lorded it over them in the clubrooms afterwards.

Bejaysus, some of the sledging was downright evil.

Hallatia

Referee
I don't play club, I play in the women's thirds for Bankstown, we train at Bankstown oval, it's a good venue.

abpanther

Staff member
I started off playing 4th grade in a south east Sydney comp, then got moved to 1st grade for some reason, despite the fact that I haven't played much in the last 3-4 years.

Season ain't going too great, they've got me batting at 5 and just struggling for form at the moment. I go fine at the nets, but I have no patience out in the middle, need to learn to leave the first couple and get my eye in, instead I tend to play shots immediately outside off and get caught, hopefully runs will come.

Been going well in the field though, plenty of catches and run outs in the covers, got a bowl in 4th grade too and didn't go too bad, need to get some runs this weekend though...

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
Didn't start my season till mid november after breaking my left arm playing soccer and having surgery on it, meaning i couldnt bat for quite a while. Been playing 4th's for about 7 games though and, having been a bowler my whole life bowled like sh*t, and havent bowled for a few games, Im opening the batting however which is going OK, keep getting starts just need to push on with these starts, although on the weekend i got a golden duck which is never good!

jargan83

Coach
My season started in 4th grade (clubs 2nd side) and with scores of 10, 7 and 15 got dropped with the message to score some runs in the third side. Have been there for 7 weeks now and have hit over 300 runs at 50.60. After I was first dropped I hit 20, 18 and 21, damn it's good to go on with it when you get a start. I feel the frustration Red Bear, keep working and it will come good :cool:

Unfotunately I fractured my ankle at the weekend when a bit of turf gave way so I am out for 4-6 weeks :(

The Gambler

Juniors
This is my first missed cricket season in about 13 years since I moved to Germany - but boy have I missed it!

Hallatia

Referee
what do you call it when someone gets out without facing a ball?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure diamond is the first ball of the innings and golden is the first ball you face, so what kind of duck is it if you don't even face a ball?

Cheers

Haven't had any rain-affected games all season and semi final weekend it decides to pelt down golf ball-sized hail stones after 90mins of play.

Captain BF

Juniors
My team won our Grand Final yesterday. A great game played in great spirits. We chased down 132 with 2 wickets in hand. We spent a couple of hours after the match having drinks with the opposition and umpires.

Latest posts