What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club Cricket Thread 07/08

Earl

Coach
Its that time of year again. Club cricket starts today in most areas. This is the thread for everyone to brag about their results.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Or express their frustration, what ever applies.

We are looking for a threepeat in second grade Tweed District and I'm skipper.

Bring it on.

[furrycat]

Coach
3/29 for me today as we rolled over Merewether for a meagre 135. Already surpassed their total

split the webbing in between index n middle finger while taking a caught n bowled today.....after 3hrs waiting in emergency and 4 needles in the hand i got 3 stitches.

im now out for a few weeks :(

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
bowled the opposition out for 112 and we're 3 for 84 in reply

outright on next weekend

I got 1 for 10

Earl

Coach
We won on forfeit. Pretty disappointing considering how keen I was for a game of cricket.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Twizzle said:
bowled the opposition out for 112 and we're 3 for 84 in reply

outright on next weekend

I got 1 for 10

and we collapsed to be all out for 123, first innings win no thanks to me who didn't add to our score

we'll take it, a win's a win

Bomber

Bench
Our local comp started today, with six teams competiting.

I scored for my team - not even good enough to get a run, which is fair enough considering I let 46 runs up in one over last year.

Half of our team consist of high school players and we were playing the reigning premiers. They batted first and were looking shaky after thirty overs but scored 120 in the final ten to score 4/241 of their 40.

We were bowled out for 191 in 31 overs in reply. The openers were on fire but the tail starts at #5 for our side, and we fell in a heap, losing our last 4 wickets for 10 runs.

Might get a run next week.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
chased leather all day in a hopelessly undermanned team, with players out injured and rep cricket and other sh*t

chasing 305 we are none for 30 its, a pretty good batting wicket tho, a draw would be a good result from here

1 got one for alot (to scared to look at the score book)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
got bowled out for about 160, only had 9 players

1 win and 1 loss so far

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Won the toss, batted first, got 149. I got second top score with 25. They chased it down with 9 balls to spare. We've got 1 win, 1 bye and 2 losses.

PARANoIR

Bench
Played my first game in 3 years two weeks ago.

I an absolutely rorted lbw decision. only lasted about 5 balls, I got 2. First time I'd batted in the 3 years, only decided the thursday before hand i was gonna play, and I hadn't had a net or anything. I got 2 for 10 with the pill.

Last week was a little bit better, after a net session I got 84 not out off 77 balls. The f**king tail died in the ass. lol.

Bazal

Post Whore
Baz made his long awaited first grade debut after a week in thirds that shall not be mentioned, :lol:. We batted first, got off to a huge start of 114 off the first fifteen overs then collapsed in a heap to be 6/190 odd after thirty. Chipped in with 32 not out off 29 balls at the end and my mate went absolutely nuts to be 60 odd not out off about the same number of balls....wound up at 6/297 after our forty overs :crazy: Then bowled them out for 289 in the last over. Massive game really....the drought has been good for one thing down here, if you beat the infield there ain't no reason to run...

Edit-First grade return, not debut :fist:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Baz, I was on 25 with 4 overs to go and the whole leg side on the fence. There was a single every ball there, but I straight pulled the bloke down mid on's throat :fist:

As for your question Dutchy, we're at Tommy Armstrong this week. I've heard its not the best ground .....

Latest posts