What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: Good point.

Maxim were only a shorts sponsor but it was announced today they will be taking up residence top and bottom on the back of our jersey.

beave

Coach
Shorty said:
The Knights jerseys look awesome.
I'm with Beave,I like our colours but the design just irks me,I will stay buy it though.

I know it may have said a while back but does anyone know if we're getting a new Aus jersey...I'd expect so being the centenary year and all?

after seein the cowboys one in the flesh at the raiders trial, the back of the players version seemed to have a lot more grey than the fans version. I don't know if it is manufactured that way or it's because the players tend to wear a tighter fitting jersey and te material stretching gives it a more grey look, but it did look good from the back. The front, meh, i am stoked that grey has finally been brought back into our colour scheme, but the actual bulls head design just looks deadset atrocious. I just don't know why they couldn't have re-birthed the 10 year version like this
McWilliams%2cL%204062602_486985_p.jpg

anyways, i think i will save my $$$$$ and just get the centenary jersey, its a bit plain but i like it a lot more than our new one.

queenslandfan

Juniors
i dont know why the cowboys didnt use that jersey for their heritage jersey this year instead of that horrible blue number.

beave

Coach
i think the historical reasons behind wearing a Marlins-esque jersey were the main reasons mate, beating a touring Great Britain side in 66 is a pretty big deal so I can see why they did it. Personally i would have dropped the double logos left breast, dropped the horns just for one week and just had the NQ on there. The old school cowboys jersey doesn't really invoke memories of glory ( i think we won something like 7 games over 2 years with it and its' alternate brother) but regardless its our history and I am still damned proud of our team up here regardless of those early days (though my "proudness" was slightly tarnished with the current Muzz saga, but that's for another thread)

jersey.jpg

The 10 year jersey that Leigh Mac is wearing that i posted early was very close to the original, just the collar colour and the stripe thickness was a tad deviated, but yeah, it is a decent looking jersey, the 4 colours (in my eyes) look great in that amount of distribution. I think they should have stuck with it since day dot.

choc_soldier

Coach
Penrith's foundation jersey for the Heritage Round will have the original Panthers logo (a panther leaping through a P).

Is it going to be with every other club too?

queenslandfan

Juniors
^^ yeh i guess ur right, and i agree with the idea of dropping the horns for that week. it would look much better if it only had the NQ. i like how manly have used their old logo on their heritage jersey.

Timmah

Staff member
choc_soldier said:
Penrith's foundation jersey for the Heritage Round will have the original Panthers logo (a panther leaping through a P).

Is it going to be with every other club too?

Brisbane - unsure
Bulldogs - no. Current logo. I believe the CB logo will feature somewhere though.
Canberra - yes.
Cronulla - unsure
Gold Coast - no but yes. Titans logo
Manly - yes.
Melbourne - yes. Current logo hasn't changed
Newcastle - no. New logo
New Zealand - unsure
North Qld - yes and no.
Parramatta - no.
Penrith - yes
St George Illawarra - no.
South Sydney - unsure
Sydney Roosters - no.
Wests Tigers - no, but giant shields emblazoned on jersey.

Timmah

Staff member
I imagine it would be Trivst but who knows...

'Dogs finally have images of the '08 strip up:

2008.gif
2008_away.gif

Sugar

Bench
Timmah said:
Is Trivest confirmed as the away partner?
Still waiting.........

Trivest are no longer a Major Sponsor just a senior partner so they may not get sleeve sponsorship

Shorty

Staff member
Mitsubishi Electric?
It looks ok on the home because it blends in.
It sucks that we play in an era where our jerseys are smothered with adverts.

There's just too much it's everywhere.

Nuke

Staff member
Timmah said:
Brisbane - unsure
Bulldogs - no. Current logo. I believe the CB logo will feature somewhere though.
Canberra - yes.
Cronulla - unsure
Gold Coast - no but yes. Titans logo
Manly - yes.
Melbourne - yes. Current logo hasn't changed
Newcastle - no. New logo
New Zealand - unsure
North Qld - yes and no.
Parramatta - no.
Penrith - yes
St George Illawarra - no.
South Sydney - unsure
Sydney Roosters - no.
Wests Tigers - no, but giant shields emblazoned on jersey.
Souths logo is kinda the same as it is, but different. Souths heritage jersey's logo is half a rabbit. It's in reference to John Sattler's jersey after Souths win in the 1969 (?) Grand Final ... the game where he played with a broken jaw.
thumb-jsattler-6f407e22-33a2-43bc-908d-dfc7d388ba0e.jpg

This isn't the best pic, but you can kinda see the half-rabbit logo (the other half got torn off during the game).

no name

Referee
Timmah said:
I imagine it would be Trivst but who knows...

'Dogs finally have images of the '08 strip up:

2008.gif
2008_away.gif

Gee no wonder Nike took so long to come up with that new design :roll:

Latest posts