Club members

Discussion in 'NRL' started by jack coburn, Mar 27, 2020.

1. jack coburn

jack coburn Juniors

I was just wondering how many people on this forum have memberships for their club and
    do you care about keeping that membership even though they aren't playing to support them.
    My wife bought my daughter , son and myself one for the last couple of years and is blowing up.
    Myself I don't mind keeping on paying until we see this through.
    What are other supporters thought on this?

2. moffla

moffla Juniors

Me and my partner have decided we don't want a refund. It was a pretty easy decision, tbh.
    Want the game to return the strongest way possible and I suppose every dollar helps in that sense.

I do find it totally understandable though those who want/need a refund given the circumstances.

Babyface O'reilly likes this.
  3. Wily Ole Dog

Wily Ole Dog Juniors

If your out of work and struggling due to the current situation getting a few hundred bucks back isn’t going to change your situation, sadly.

best leave it with the club

4. Valheru

Valheru First Grade

A refund is the furthest thing from my mind at the moment, they need all the help they can get and I am sure they will repay the favour next year when they can.

Having said that I only pay for the 1 GA membership as I go with a good mate and I also haven't lost my job. I completely understand some people are in complete different circumstances so you can't blame them for asking for their money back.

Diesel, Babyface O'reilly and moffla like this.
  5. TheDalek079

TheDalek079 Bench

Mine is non ticketed so I'ma not needing any refund

6. Babyface O'reilly

Babyface O'reilly Bench

Have one bronze membership and three chooksters for the kids. Paid up in full last year on auto renewal. Happy to leave the money with the club and as already mentioned, I won’t begrudge anyone who demands their money.

7. yobbo84

yobbo84 Bench

An email us Rabbitohs members received, with a link to pledge online, which I'll be doing.

8. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

My job is in an industry that is safe.

So club needs it more than me. So they can keep it

9. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

I don’t want a refund - even if the club offers one. I’m already paid in full but even if I wasn’t I’d continue paying monthly instalments. I pay to attend games but more than that I pay to support my club. I stood by the Storm in 2010 and I’ll stand by them in 2020.

Obviously everyone is in a different situation and some might not be able to continue with their membership - which I understand. But if you’re in a position to keep your membership - keep it.

azza29 likes this.
  10. Captain Apollo

Captain Apollo First Grade

I have two season tickets. I emailed my club and said that if they feel obliged to or are forced to offer refunds that I would waive that and rather them keep the money as I'd rather it help keep someone employed and the club going.

11. carcharias

carcharias Immortal

They can keep mine
    It’ll be the 2nd most enjoyable season in history for me.

simmo05 and Generalzod like this.
  12. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

Will depend on individual situations. My job is safe so I’m actually putting more into my SL club as they are going to be in dire straights.

13. Valheru

Valheru First Grade

Did they respond to you?

14. Captain Apollo

Not as yet. They may have already been stood down.

15. Yoda

Yoda Juniors

I have a family of 5 so I'm hoping they just roll mine over into next year.

Angry_eel likes this.
  16. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

you’d think all clubs would do this, it helps this years cash flow and whilst it will create a hole in next years budget if they haven’t learnt by now that they can’t keep spending $25-30million a year then they never will and deserve what they get.

17. The Marshall

The Marshall Juniors

They can keep mine it will probably be less painful not having to watch the Dogs anyway.

18. King hit

King hit Coach

Mine was only $10 a month so it doesn’t really bother me to much. I’ve got a healthy amount of money so it isn’t going to make a difference.

19. Captain Apollo

They have now. E-mail came thru when I wasn't looking. They gave me a very nice thank you.

Valheru likes this.
  20. 10$ Ferret

10$ Ferret Juniors

I am a member or the NSW RAS that runs the easter show. Now they are losing basically their largest (by far) source of income by not running the show this year. They have decided that anyone that has renewed will not have to renew for 2021 and they are not accepting anymore renewals for 2020. This is what RL clubs should do. The RAS were quick do to this and actually care about members.

RL clubs on the other hand are a different beast. I have no issue with someone happy to pay this years membership and not get a refund, but it should be a choice and its not.
    I know of one club that rang a player level sponsor (after games stopped) to sponsor again in 2020 despite there being no guarantee of any games .

But this just mirrors the issues with RL its not about the fans its about the money