What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CM Punk Tells All

afinalsin666

First Grade
Lot of shit on here.

His health and anger at storylines were pretty much agreed upon, but i didn't imagine to this extent. This is extreme burnout, physically, and mentally. They broke him. f**kers broke one of my favorite wrestlers, and dozens more like him over the years.

This makes me really angry.

alien

Referee
a few good rants in that video. you can tell he is still pissed off. i love how he speaks his mind without caring what others might think

Parra Pride

Coach
"I get a lot of 'you're a quieter' on twitter, because they don't know how to spell quitter properly." :lol:

alien

Referee
he makes some good points. why is someone like brock lesnar champion when he is hardly ever on the show

Great interview. No real surprises but a damn good insight into the modern WWE...Vince really hasnt changed at all has he.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Damn 2 hours... I don't have time for that. Anyone have a quick summary of what he says - the important points? Put it in a spoiler code if you want. Thanks.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's basically Punk bitching and moaning about Vince and Triple H

Took credit for the creation of The Shield

Said he did as many Make-A-Wish things as Cena and outsold Cena in merch.

that sorta shit

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I may be in the minority, and I do appreciate the insight but I can't say I agree with him on everything.
Having only read the link and not listenting to the interview, I can't comment on how Punk made these statements.

I do agree that Brock is the wrong choice for champion as he is a part timer, much as I'd preferred someone like Reigns or Rollins to have ended the streak if anyone were to do it. Someone who can grow with the company.

In regards to the WWE Network and him being upset about not getting info, I think thats fair enough. He was a performer, he wasn't marketing/sales. I would be very surprised if I (as a technician), went to a different department to find out about marketing or sales and actually be given any info.

I am concern re-the concussion/injury treatment. If thats true, it's only a matter of time until one of the performers are going to do some serious long-term damage to themselves.

In regards to the Shield, it's interesting that he came up with idea. To those who listened to it, did he seem to be complaining the original make up wasn't exactly how he wanted it to be? They ran with it and tweeked it.

Ryback sounds as green and as dangerous as Goldberg!

In regards to where his WM match was placed on card, just because he thinks that it will be better than the ME, doesn't mean it should be. I don't think taker continuing his streak last on WM makes any sence when you have The Rock/Cena and HHH/Lesnar.

Cena and Orton have a say about their direction, and they generally (especially Cena) get booked well, I wonder why it didn't work out for Punk? Perhaps it was the way he approached Vince?

He comes off a tad whiny demanding to be the highest paid on the WM card.

Theres no doubt that he and Triple H didn't get along, and Vince being Vince will probably side with Triple H ever day of the week and twice on sundays.

He wasn't happy and left, good on him. I also respect that he's answering the fans, and giving us in-sight. I have mixed feelings, some things I agree with and others I don't necessarily. Just my opinion.

I do think though the WWE did miss the boat on him BIG time.

shiznit

Coach
The thing I found interesting was that he's writing the next Thor comic for Marvel.

Good on him... It's great to see a guy actually leave the company before they are completely wrecked and move on to something which they enjoy and won't risk there health.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
You know I kind of always had thought that Punk would return someday, but not after this.

I'd secretly hoped that this whole thing was a work and he'd have an epic shock return one day, whether it be through the RR or other means but after reading this, I'd be surprised if he ever steps into a WWE ring (or TNA)

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'd secretly hoped that this whole thing was a work and he'd have an epic shock return one day, whether it be through the RR or other means but after reading this, I'd be surprised if he ever steps into a WWE ring (or TNA)

Wiki has him listed as retired, so I doubt he will ever go there. Does anyone else think however that punk has a bit of an ego problem? The type of person who thinks he's bigger than the company? I'm not doubting that Vince being the power hungry, money hungry, SoaB tyrant he is, but I can't help but feel that punks ego is partly to blame here especially if he is suffering from burnout! Also, considering how much of an excellent gift he has at delivering a promo in the ring, he must suck at asking for time out backstage and knowing what his rights are. Hey... I'm still a fan of his though.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I'd be inclined to believe him when he says he's done with wrestling fullstop, regardless of company. If he does ever return I wouldn't be surprised if it's only in character (commentary/promos/manager/authority figure) and never has another actual match (maybe a retirement match with Colt or one of his closest allies). Good on him though, he's sacrificed his body since long before joining WWE so not undeserved.

I also concur with him being slightly egotistic in the who gets paid what argument, but if he believes he's being underpaid then more power to him for pushing his case for a bigger piece of the pie.

The medical related stuff is all pretty damning, so will definitely be interesting to see if anything comes of those comments (and if he follows up on any of it as well himself in a legal sense) down the line.

The Q&A followup should be interesting, will definitely give that a listen as well.

shiznit

Coach
Wiki has him listed as retired, so I doubt he will ever go there. Does anyone else think however that punk has a bit of an ego problem? The type of person who thinks he's bigger than the company? I'm not doubting that Vince being the power hungry, money hungry, SoaB tyrant he is, but I can't help but feel that punks ego is partly to blame here especially if he is suffering from burnout! Also, considering how much of an excellent gift he has at delivering a promo in the ring, he must suck at asking for time out backstage and knowing what his rights are. Hey... I'm still a fan of his though.
From the tone of the conversation I originally thought it was ego....

But then listening again I actually thought it was more entitlement.... And I mean that in a good way... He is genuinely pissed off at the fact he was overlooked for certain spots when he felt he was entitled to them by taking his bumps for the boys...

I'm interested to see if he takes the leap in to MMA.... I know he's gracie trained but I don't know how good his striking and his 'real' wrestling is.

Bulldog Force

Referee
From the tone of the conversation I originally thought it was ego....

But then listening again I actually thought it was more entitlement.... And I mean that in a good way... He is genuinely pissed off at the fact he was overlooked for certain spots when he felt he was entitled to them by taking his bumps for the boys...

I'm interested to see if he takes the leap in to MMA.... I know he's gracie trained but I don't know how good his striking and his 'real' wrestling is.

Just out of curiosity what more is he asking for? I don't have time to listen to the pod, but he's been the longest reigning champ of the modern era, what is it that he's actually complaining about keeping in mind we've a,ready addressed burnout and tiredness? Or is that the who,Le thing?

afinalsin666

First Grade
Just out of curiosity what more is he asking for? I don't have time to listen to the pod, but he's been the longest reigning champ of the modern era, what is it that he's actually complaining about keeping in mind we've a,ready addressed burnout and tiredness? Or is that the who,Le thing?

The main event of Mania. Being treated like he was the draw he was, essentially. His title run didn't mean shit, because he was always second or third down the card.

The boys said he had the best match on the card with Taker, blowing smoke up his ass, so he asked to be paid like he had the best match. Taker, HHH, Lesnar, Cena and Rock would all have gotten paid more than him, and that is a sign of disrespect. They tell him he is the best, yet gets treated as six down the card compared to them.

The burnout was more working on top of injuries rather than him being tired of wrestling. Staph infection the WWE doctor failed to diagnose, broken ribs from working with Ryback, torn knee from working a dangerous match with Taker, concussions the doctors ignored, an eye poke in the nexus angle after laser eye surgery, and no time off to heal from any of these things.

He wanted to be THE guy, and if they didn't squander him he would have been. Last year should ave been a triple threat match. Punk v Cena should have been Rock v Austin. Instead they have him play second fiddle to Cena v Laurinaitis.

Latest posts