What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach fed up with Eels

yy_cheng

Coach
Sandow looks lost and doesn't seem like he knows what he has to do.

I reckon we looked better when Casey took his place

Suitman

Post Whore
No Suity, I don't want Stuart to get the gig it's just that I think he will. I would get Brian Smith back or Jason Taylor.

Stuart left both the Roosters and the Sharks in a f**king mess.
I hope he never comes near the joint.
Brian Smith? LOL.
Taylor?.........dunno.

Kearney is our current coach and I'm sticking with him. If by the middle of next year we are still languishing at the bottom of the table, I'll agree with you.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
Brian Smith? LOL.
Taylor?.........dunno.

Kearney is our current coach and I'm sticking with him. If by the middle of next year we are still languishing at the bottom of the table, I'll agree with you.

Suity

What if we get the spoon this year ? Would you accept that and stick with him ?

Bigfella

Coach
Anyone but Ricky please...... He's shit. How about Hasler? he's a disloyal prick that would jump at a dollar or two.

We'd get him for two rounds until someon else outbid for him. He could coach half the nrl and be back at manly by the end of the year

SDM

First Grade
Kearney should see out his contract, enough chopping and changing and hoping for a miracle, I think the club should persevere with his plan for another year.

Suitman

Post Whore
What if we get the spoon this year ? Would you accept that and stick with him ?

I wouldn't be happy with it but yes, I would let him see out year three, with the provision that there is serious improvement until half way through, as I stated.
I've been lucky enough to have a chat to a few people lately and I think he needs time. Yes, of course it is all words, and I don't suffer fools lightly, and I certainly aren't conned by bullshit small talk. I just believe Kearney should be given time, although, my patience is running out as well.
Caught the train to Newcastle last week with Jumpsuit. It was an 11 hour day. Spent the first hour of the trip standing in water over flowing from a toilet on a packed 4 carriage train. To see them lose a game they should have won. Mate, I'm hurting too. I'm no apologist.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
I wouldn't be happy with it but yes, I would let him see out year three, with the provision that there is serious improvement until half way through, as I stated.
I've been lucky enough to have a chat to a few people lately and I think he needs time. Yes, of course it is all words, and I don't suffer fools lightly, and I certainly aren't conned by bullshit small talk. I just believe Kearney should be given time, although, my patience is running out as well.
Caught the train to Newcastle last week with Jumpsuit. It was an 11 hour day. Spent the first hour of the trip standing in water over flowing from a toilet on a packed 4 carriage train. To see them lose a game they should have won. Mate, I'm hurting too. I'm no apologist.

Suity

Sorry Suity but a second last in 2011 followed by something similar this year spells failure to me. The guy has won 6 pissy games since he arrived. 6 out of a possible 29 !! The guy is way above his head and is drowning. Shame on this board to recruit a rookie coach and torch their old coach who had a decent record.

Bazal

Post Whore
Brian Smith? LOL.
Taylor?.........dunno.

Suity

Why wait til next year though? They didn't with Anderson. Rightly or wrongly a precedent has been set and Kearney should be held to the same standard.

I too hope Sticky stays right the f**k away, but Kearney is a dead man walking, surely...Nathan Brown might be worth a shot, without Trent Barrett to slap he looked a good coach

Eels Dude

Coach
Talking about altering KPIs and contract extensions in regards to SK just makes the club look silly and does no favours for Kearney either. He has his plan, but then it comes down to whether it's the right plan, and if it is the right plan, can he implement it correctly. Sk could become a decent first grade coach, but he looks very out of his depth right now and maybe taking on too many responsibilities.

Eels Dude

Coach
Sorry Suity but a second last in 2011 followed by something similar this year spells failure to me. The guy has won 6 pissy games since he arrived. 6 out of a possible 29 !! The guy is way above his head and is drowning. Shame on this board to recruit a rookie coach and torch their old coach who had a decent record.

Don't suger coat it. It's 6 from 31.

Suitman

Post Whore
Why wait til next year though?

Because what Kearney is putting into place doesn't breed immediate success. That's all I'm basing my opinion on.
A lot of stuff has been going on that most of us don't know about. To sack him now just throws all that out the window and takes us back to where we were 18 months ago. By next year, I expect to start seeing the tangible evidence of what is now being put into place.
That's what I'm basing my thoughts on.

Suity

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Because what Kearney is putting into place doesn't breed immediate success. That's all I'm basing my opinion on.
A lot of stuff has been going on that most of us don't know about. To sack him now just throws all that out the window and takes us back to where we were 18 months ago. By next year, I expect to start seeing the tangible evidence of what is now being put into place.

Suity

What's the stuff we don't know about Suity. Maybe if we all knew it we could have faith too.
Please I need something.

Bazal

Post Whore

Suity

So keep Kearney on in a capacity where he can run the academy and action the juniors side of his plan. Make him NYC coach too if it helps. He seems like he'd be perfect in that role, but he's got a decent enough side at the moment and he's showing that he's not head coaches arsehole, sadly. I can appreciate that he has brought in some good initiatives down the grades, but all the systems in the world won't give you success if you're not up to it as a coach...and he isn't

Someone

Bench

Suity

This. Have some patience. If we have to sacrifice a couple of shit years in order to be a powerhouse down the track then im not complaining.

You want immediate success but sacking kearney isnt going to fix anything immediate. it isnt going to fix the juniors retaining issue, isnt going to fix the culture and bringing in a new coach this year or next isnt going to equal success in the form of a premership. if by the end of 2013 start of 2014 we havent progressed then sack him. otherwise your just going to restart the process kearney began at the start of 2011.