What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Poll

Who do you think should be the SGI NRL head coach in 2019 and beyond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

possm

Coach
Who do you think should be the SGI NRL head coach in 2019 and beyond?

Please give us a reason for your decision.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I picked Bennett as he would have been able to bring Pangai and Oates with him. There is already talk that Bennett is going to Wests and Pangai is going there with him.

Dragons22

Juniors
It will be Mary.
100%
There are better coaches available. But it will be Mary.
If there are no finals, or there is another choke (I hate to use that word), Mary should probably go.

FlameThrower

Bench
Griffin not on the list but is experienced and without a gig. Gus sacked Cleary to bring on Griffin then sacks Griffin to bring back Cleary. Griffin also got shafted at the Broncos to make way for Bennett.
He did an amazing job with blooding juniors and has all out attacking game ( defence is an issue though).
I’d go for Griffin, with Maguire as next pick. Purely from a sentimental point of view I’d like see Nathan Brown return - I know he is old boy but has coached successfully overseas, served as assistant to Bellamy and took on the worst coaching gig in the NRL at the Knights.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Griffin not on the list but is experienced and without a gig. Gus sacked Cleary to bring on Griffin then sacks Griffin to bring back Cleary. Griffin also got shafted at the Broncos to make way for Bennett.
He did an amazing job with blooding juniors and has all out attacking game ( defence is an issue though).
I’d go for Griffin, with Maguire as next pick. Purely from a sentimental point of view I’d like see Nathan Brown return - I know he is old boy but has coached successfully overseas, served as assistant to Bellamy and took on the worst coaching gig in the NRL at the Knights.

I’d argue that the Parramatta head coaching role is the most arduous one in the NRL.

BLM01

First Grade
I am the only one But as I said on other threads Toovey and my reasons why. Bennett likley to Tigers now so cross that of your list so not much available.

I've gone Mary.

Of these options - 3 have been sacked by their clubs and not coached for some time. I'll always be thankful for Wayne's time with us but he's nearing 70 now and I think his time with us belongs in the past not the future.

I get most people aren't happy with Paul McGregor. I'm fine with him. Except when he uses the term "D"..

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Griffin may do the job but history obviously shows he has the composure of a funeral director.