What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

BLM01

First Grade
Injured and really don't want to seem harsh but I hope he is not seen again this year.

He has a lot of reflection and work to do to make it in first grade again.

Mind you his coach set him up to fail in the dumbest position selection since JDB played half back.
I hope your wrong re Point 1. Fed dinkum

BLM01

First Grade
I’m a bit disappointed in what I’ve seen from Cody so far. I thought he was the next Ponga but he looks more like a skinny Dugan.
Can he pass?
Can he kick?
All I have seen so far is a big telegraphed step. I hope he gets his confidence up and shows us his full arsenal soon, NRL is brutal and if he doesn’t take his chances at 1 he will be back on the wing before too long.
Good set up for our last try, better that one of last years centres, even though Cody is not a centre

thebigredv

First Grade
I hope your wrong re Point 1. Fed dinkum

As I said pre-match he would be monstered but you wanted to tell me different. We could have tried something else but we didn't and we paid for it. Ramsey will not forget Fifita as long as he lives. It was a poor match up and the injury will give him some time to reflect on how to better utilise his talents.

BLM01

First Grade
As I said pre-match he would be monstered but you wanted to tell me different. We could have tried something else but we didn't and we paid for it. Ramsey will not forget Fifita as long as he lives. It was a poor match up and the injury will give him some time to reflect on how to better utilise his talents.
Show me where i said he would not get monstered?..and then we can debate.
You are making it up as you go to try and prove a point.

thebigredv

First Grade
Show me where i said he would not get monstered?..and then we can debate.
You are making it up as you go to try and prove a point.

You were adamant he wasn't the only centre going around who is a featherweight as if to justify his selection. Do you not remember?

He would have been the lightest centre take the field this week easily, and it didn't take Holbrook long to spot that. Hook had numerous other options but chose that one.

BLM01

First Grade
You were adamant he wasn't the only centre going around who is a featherweight as if to justify his selection. Do you not remember?

He would have been the lightest centre take the field this week easily, and it didn't take Holbrook long to spot that. Hook had numerous other options but chose that one.
So I was right I did not say he would not be monstered..thankyou.
Now you are reading between my words saying I justified his selection,
All I did was just debate your argument that no one gets selected at centre at that weight. (he is actually more than 80kgs)
Now you hope we dont see him again this year
Debate over for me
I get you dont like him..so just say that

thebigredv

First Grade
So I was right I did not say he would not be monstered..thankyou.
Now you are reading between my words saying I justified his selection,
All I did was just debate your argument that no one gets selected at centre at that weight. (he is actually more than 80kgs)
Now you hope we dont see him again this year
Debate over for me
I get you dont like him..so just say that
Oh yes I definitely hope we can find far better players and I make no apologies for that. Feagai today, looks much more at home in NRL - surprise, surprise he is a big bodied islander. Who would have thought that style of player would make it in the NRL!

For the likeable Cody, I hope the best for him but he'll do better in a team that has better go forward. Until that is us, we need backs that can stand up for themselves physically and skilfully.

Can I ask you what he adds to the team currently?

BLM01

First Grade
Oh yes I definitely hope we can find far better players and I make no apologies for that. Feagai today, looks much more at home in NRL - surprise, surprise he is a big bodied islander. Who would have thought that style of player would make it in the NRL!

For the likeable Cody, I hope the best for him but he'll do better in a team that has better go forward. Until that is us, we need backs that can stand up for themselves physically and skilfully.

Can I ask you what he adds to the team currently?
Passing game
Effort
Has a good leap
Step (see last try)
Reasonable speed
Young with potential to learn and develop
Takes a year or 2..but his body will slowly start getting used to the physicality
Basically rookie first full season in 1st grade, invaluable in coming years for the club.
Defends OK. for his 1st season .not the first person to be pushed or bumped off by Fifita

I think I read on here somewhere that his NRL career is drawing close to the end.
That gave me a good laugh

thebigredv

First Grade
Passing game
Effort
Has a good leap
Step (see last try)
Reasonable speed
Takes a year or 2..but his body will slowly start getting used to the physicality
Basically rookie first full season in 1st grade, invaluable in coming years for the club.

I think I read on here somewhere that his NRL career is drawing close to the end.

Haven't seen the passing game, genuinely... maybe I missed it because I have heard of it but I haven't really noticed a passing game like Dufty's that comes out now and again. Leap? The leap he put up today was embarrassing. Someone said like a ballerina, which was spot on. Young, fast, effort yes, yes, yes agree. Love his heart and passion.

I think what I don't cop so easily is how long it takes one to become physically ready. I mean it has been almost a full season and his body isn't going to change that radically. Why is that not true for other players like Walsh and Walker who are consistently killing it in first grade or does it only apply to our blokes? They have more talent I think makes up for it.

As I stated, I also think if we have a better forward pack and better halves he instantly becomes a much better player and we aren't having this debate. Look at Saab at Sea Eagles. He looked average but on the verge of something with us. I can see Cody as a good finisher in a good side. Oh to be a good side again!

BLM01

First Grade
Passing game
Effort
Has a good leap
Step (see last try)
Reasonable speed
Defends OK. for his 1st season .not the first person to be pushed or bumped off by Fifita

Haven't seen the passing game, genuinely... maybe I missed it because I have heard of it but I haven't really noticed a passing game like Dufty's that comes out now and again. Leap? The leap he put up today was embarrassing. Someone said like a ballerina, which was spot on. Young, fast, effort yes, yes, yes agree. Love his heart and passion.

I think what I don't cop so easily is how long it takes one to become physically ready. I mean it has been almost a full season and his body isn't going to change that radically. Why is that not true for other players like Walsh and Walker who are consistently killing it in first grade or does it only apply to our blokes? They have more talent I think makes up for it.

As I stated, I also think if we have a better forward pack and better halves he instantly becomes a much better player and we aren't having this debate. Look at Saab at Sea Eagles. He looked average but on the verge of something with us. I can see Cody as a good finisher in a good side. Oh to be a good side again!
It is clear you dont understand development of players at young age then leading up to 1st grade.
Remind me how old Cody is again?
Remind how much grade has he played against men since playing Jersey Flegg against boys prior to playing 1st grade.

Walker & Walsh are starting to have their injuries
Walker has already been rested
Walsh has already missed games
Cody has not missed starting a game unless the head knock kept him out a week and
Both have not played a full season like Cody in 1st grade
Cody's body has done OK holding up in his 1st year

At the end of the day Cody's form and not strong hit ups are not the reason we are playing like we are ATM

thebigredv

First Grade
It is clear you dont understand development of players at young age then leading up to 1st grade.
Remind how much grade has he played since playing Jersey Flegg against boys.
Walker & Walsh are starting to have their injuries.
Cody has not missed a game and
Both have not played a full season like Cody (19 weeks) in 1st grade

At the end of the day Cody is not the reason we are playing like we are ATM
So are you going to argue that Matt Feagai needs two years to be physically ready for first grade after what you saw today?

How long did we wait for Dufty to be ready until the new coach comes in and punt him. Not going through that again.

Matt added something to our team today and Cody didn't. If I really thought Ramsey was going to be a super star I would persist with him but he has not come close to this.

I never once said Cody is the reason for how we play but he is a weakness in the team, a very weak team. Physically ready or not, he doesn't warrant selection, especially when Lomax, Sloan and Rava are regulars again.

Happy to agree to disagree. Hope he turns out to make me eat my words but for now he will be on the sideline and let's see what else Griffin can come up with...maybe Beale has an older brother who can fill in on the wing.

BLM01

First Grade
Remind how much grade has he played since playing Jersey Flegg against boys.
Walker & Walsh are starting to have their injuries.
Cody has not missed a game and
Both have not played a full season like Cody (19 weeks) in 1st grade

At the end of the day Cody is not the reason we are playing like we are ATM

So are you going to argue that Matt Feagai needs two years to be physically ready for first grade after what you saw today?

How long did we wait for Dufty to be ready until the new coach comes in and punt him. Not going through that again.

Matt added something to our team today and Cody didn't. If I really thought Ramsey was going to be a super star I would persist with him but he has not come close to this.

I never once said Cody is the reason for how we play but he is a weakness in the team, a very weak team. Physically ready or not, he doesn't warrant selection, especially when Lomax, Sloan and Rava are regulars again.

Happy to agree to disagree. Hope he turns out to make me eat my words but for now he will be on the sideline and let's see what else Griffin can come up with...maybe Beale has an older brother who can fill in on the wing.
Putting words in my mouth again.
If you actually read and comprehend my posts I have been singing Matt's praises on his 1-2 games thus far and how he looks the goods...well and truly over his brother
he got injured after his 1st? game.
Come back to me when he plays a full season on the wing in 1st grade and handles it. Hope he does..until then

Re Dufty, nothing to do with our current coach.
He just needed time to have a good look over a pre-season and has made a tough but I believe the right call for the clubs future
Unless you would rather we keep dufty and lose Sloan.
I know I dont..and I wanted dufty to succeed for personal reasons

Last edited:

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I'm a bit concerned for our backline next year. I really really really want to see both Feagais in, but the only way we can do that is:

1. Sloan
2. Feagai
3. Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Rav4

But where does ramsay go?? He's signed until, what, 2025 I think? As for Bird, I'd say he just goes second rower. And the Feagai brothers have the most solid connection, if one left the other probably would too.

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm a bit concerned for our backline next year. I really really really want to see both Feagais in, but the only way we can do that is:

1. Sloan
2. Feagai
3. Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Rav4

But where does ramsay go?? He's signed until, what, 2025 I think? As for Bird, I'd say he just goes second rower. And the Feagai brothers have the most solid connection, if one left the other probably would too.

My preferred backline (assuming we don't make any signings) is the same as yours. If we run with that, Ramsey can fill in for injury on the wing. Going by the fact we've barely seen a full strengthens team at all this year, that will be more often than is preferred.

Bird will be better placed in the backrow.

I'm feeling more inclined to see Sullivan/clune/Amone in the halves and Hunt to work his magic from hooker. It will make for the youngest backline in NRL history but given the club's poor recruitment drive, it's the most hopeful of sides.

Como Connection

First Grade
Good set up for our last try, better that one of last years centres, even though Cody is not a centre
Cop
Remind how much grade has he played against men since playing Jersey Flegg against boys prior to playing 1st grade.

Walker & Walsh are starting to have their injuries
Cody has not missed starting a game unless the head knock kept him out a week and
Both have not played a full season like Cody in 1st grade
Cody's body has done OK holding up in his 1st year

At the end of the day Cody's form and not strong hit ups are not the reason we are playing like we are ATM
Cody went ok today for the job he was given.
No knock from me.
CC

Ted bartolo

Juniors
My preferred backline (assuming we don't make any signings) is the same as yours. If we run with that, Ramsey can fill in for injury on the wing. Going by the fact we've barely seen a full strengthens team at all this year, that will be more often than is preferred.

Bird will be better placed in the backrow.

I'm feeling more inclined to see Sullivan/clune/Amone in the halves and Hunt to work his magic from hooker. It will make for the youngest backline in NRL history but given the club's poor recruitment drive, it's the most hopeful of sides.
Dont forget schiller

dungay dragon

Juniors

1. Sloan
2. Feagai
3. Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Rav4

Max F has a lot to improve on before he cements a first grade gig..His defence is embarrassing ,

Latest posts