What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
My preferred backline (assuming we don't make any signings) is the same as yours. If we run with that, Ramsey can fill in for injury on the wing. Going by the fact we've barely seen a full strengthens team at all this year, that will be more often than is preferred.

Bird will be better placed in the backrow.

I'm feeling more inclined to see Sullivan/clune/Amone in the halves and Hunt to work his magic from hooker. It will make for the youngest backline in NRL history but given the club's poor recruitment drive, it's the most hopeful of sides.
Fully agree. I can sort of see why Hook wants Mbye now, because with such an inexperienced backline, it'd probably help to have someone who has played centre, fullback, and in the halves to give guidance to the younger fellas.

We need to be patient with this squad of promising youngsters. All showed some good signs. Our attack works when the ball is swung wide.. but all too rare. Our defense close to our line was woeful. May be fine buying good mobile forwards but can they muscle up in defense as well. Speaking of defense.. I misjudged Hunt on a recent post by saying his defense had improved. David Fifita will disagree as he brushed off Hunt's feeble attempt before his bullocking try. Hunt weren't you ever told that the bigger they are the easier they fall.. go low man. Set an example for the young guys as the team skipper..

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Good set up for our last try, better that one of last years centres, even though Cody is not a centre
That setup was nicer that EA has probably ever done in his career. His decision making in defence was great i thought too just needs another off season or two to get NRL hardened. Rava wasn’t as good as him as this stage of his career. I liked seeing Sullivan feed him good ball all night too it’s only a matter of time before he breaks out.

Sloan
Feagai
Bird
Lomax
Rava
Sullivan
Hunt
No Bird in the backline for mine. If we buy Mbye put him in there with the classy Lomax.

You guys need to go easy on Ramsey. The kid is still finding his feet. Fifita is like a runaway train once he gets some steam up.. so it takes more than one smaller player like Ramsey to contain him one on one. He needed some help from our forwards. Ramsey is speedy and good on his feet. I can see him doing plenty of damage chiming into the backline from behind.

Last edited:

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
No Bird in the backline for mine. If we buy Mbye put him in there with the classy Lomax.

You guys need to go easy on Ramsey. The kid is still finding his feet. Fifita is like a runaway train once he gets some steam up.. so it takes more than one smaller player like Ramsey to contain him one on one. He needed some help from our forwards. Ramsey is speedy and good on his feet. I can see him doing plenty of damage chiming into the backline from behind.
I am not bagging him, I am just not sure where he fits in the backline as I think Sloan is a better 1.. Out the box but maybe with 5 more kgs he could be a dynamic number 9 like Damien Cook, who also started his career at fullback. He certainly has the speed off the mark and ticker to dig in there..

CalcuttaPete

Juniors
We need to be patient with this squad of promising youngsters. All showed some good signs. Our attack works when the ball is swung wide.. but all too rare. Our defense close to our line was woeful. May be fine buying good mobile forwards but can they muscle up in defense as well. Speaking of defense.. I misjudged Hunt on a recent post by saying his defense had improved. David Fifita will disagree as he brushed off Hunt's feeble attempt before his bullocking try. Hunt weren't you ever told that the bigger they are the easier they fall.. go low man. Set an example for the young guys as the team skipper..
Agree. Our attack is poor. Garrick and Saab would be heavily criticised if they were still at the Dragons but the Manly style of play allows them to shine. In my opinion we have not adjusted to the new rules, our forwards run one out with minimal impact, line speed and tackling since the Parramatta game has steadily got worse. Hunt defends best in the middle of the field as in SOO. Defending wider he has difficulty second guessing what the opposition is going to do and cannot move laterally to defend effectively.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Agree. Our attack is poor. Garrick and Saab would be heavily criticised if they were still at the Dragons but the Manly style of play allows them to shine. In my opinion we have not adjusted to the new rules, our forwards run one out with minimal impact, line speed and tackling since the Parramatta game has steadily got worse. Hunt defends best in the middle of the field as in SOO. Defending wider he has difficulty second guessing what the opposition is going to do and cannot move laterally to defend effectively.
Hunt is being burnt out defending against the bigger forwards whom our forwards can't handle- he didn't have a great game against the Titans but who could blame him with all the missed tackles he was forced to mop up.

thebigredv

First Grade
I've put a line through Ramsey completely ineffective, JP might be slow and has the odd error but his runs from dummy half are huge. Rava & Fegai are the best wingers available for us next year.

I like how Matt Feagai just slots into the team and despite a weak forward pack just puts in the efforts and physically gets in amongst it. A bit of toe but great athlete who looks confident both with the ball and without.

Ramsey is not short in effort or speed but every thing else is not working right now. He will go better e.g. Saab and Garrick in a better team with more go forward and organised attack, but it feels like hell will freeze over before that happens.

Ravalawa is a beast and one player who will bring the fans back if he stays on the field.

Gareth67

First Grade
At least the lad tries , we cannot fault him for that , unfortunately he is a lightweight whom is being manhandled by the much larger bodies in the NRL .

Is better suited to the wing , more so outside of Lomax and Bird . But as far as effort is concerned he outshines some of our forwards , imho .

Latest posts