What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

Trifili13

Juniors
Fullbacks always jump to take a bomb even though they don’t have to. It’s because they are not allowed to be tackled in mid air so it stops the defence from touching them. Not jumping gives the defence the perfect opportunity to smash them. The kid was given his opportunity and he took it with both hands. He had an absolute blinder. I’m always nervous whoever is under the high ball. But it’s great to see this young kid step up and have a great game. Well done
I know the rules about not tackling a player while in the air. My point is if you don't need to jump don't as you are not in control.

I hope he turns out to have a long and successful career with the Red V.

Trifili13

Juniors
That's the way concentrate on that one bomb he dropped 8 months ago
Like Teddy and Turbo have never dropped 1
you f**k one goat
No need to swear, i just expressed my opinion. I didn't abuse Cody, i just said he had a good game yesterday but don't feel safe when he or in fact when most our players are under a bomb.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I know the rules about not tackling a player while in the air. My point is if you don't need to jump don't as you are not in control.

I hope he turns out to have a long and successful career with the Red V.
I think It becomes a reflex to them now. Mate, I hear ya. I hope he has a long and successful career at the dragons as well. If he continues to play like he did yesterday. He’ll be around for a long time

I'm Hornby

Juniors
So I was thinking this morning, if Cody Ramsey doesn’t play fullback yesterday we lose that game and the coach is under pressure.
Ramsey was responsible for two of our tries, Mbye doesn’t do what he did, plain and simple.
I hope it’s a wake up call for Hook, can’t win games consistently with guys like Mbye starting.
I agree we wouldn't have won with Mbye at fullback yesterday and not Cody but remember the only reason Mbye was there for those 4 games or so was that Cody was injured as well.

Cody trained all off season at fullback and it was well publicised that our fullback would either be he or Sloan.

So I think the choice for Hook after Sloan's performance in round three was does he drop Sloan to show that he needs to work on different areas of his game and if so who does he replace him with?

Mbye filled in well for those few games besides the Melbourne one where he made some errors but overall I dont think this particular example of team selection can be blamed on Hook purely due to Ramsay's injury and dropping Sloan, it didn't leave him with much choice.

Maddragon99

Juniors
So I was thinking this morning, if Cody Ramsey doesn’t play fullback yesterday we lose that game and the coach is under pressure.
Ramsey was responsible for two of our tries, Mbye doesn’t do what he did, plain and simple.
I hope it’s a wake up call for Hook, can’t win games consistently with guys like Mbye starting.
We were definitely more enterprising in attack with Cody at Fullback, whereas Mbye is just meh.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
While Cody played well, let's not get carried away as it was only the Warriors who struggled against 11 men when playing the Gummies.

While he made some nice catches from bombs, I still get nervous as he seems to mistime his jumps, like the first bomb (i think) when there was no need to jump and he nearly got too far under it (wind might have taken it so will give him a pass).

I still have visions of him against Newcastle last year and the complete meal he made of a bomb when completely unchallenged.
All I'd say to this as at least he is contesting the high ball, not letting it bounce or trying to foot trap like we've seen Sloan and Dufty do plenty of in recent times.

We've been screaming out for a speedy fullback to spark the attack and I'm sure we all hope that can be Cody after what he produced yesterday.

Crush

Coach
I agree we wouldn't have won with Mbye at fullback yesterday and not Cody but remember the only reason Mbye was there for those 4 games or so was that Cody was injured as well.

Cody trained all off season at fullback and it was well publicised that our fullback would either be he or Sloan.

So I think the choice for Hook after Sloan's performance in round three was does he drop Sloan to show that he needs to work on different areas of his game and if so who does he replace him with?

Mbye filled in well for those few games besides the Melbourne one where he made some errors but overall I dont think this particular example of team selection can be blamed on Hook purely due to Ramsay's injury and dropping Sloan, it didn't leave him with much choice.
I’ll pay that, as long as Hook doesn’t go back to selecting Mbye now if Ramsey is fit.
If he drops Ramsey for Mbye at any stage without injury then I’ll be very disappointed.

Spazer

Juniors
Perhaps use sloan the same way cowboys use the Hammer? But that will mean losing Sullivan from the bench which we don't want.

I'd keep sloan in 2's and bring him in if there's an injury or suspension to one of our wingers, at least for this season anyway. At the moment ramsey plays a good style of football that suits Hook's game plan and should keep the fb spot. Mbye should stay at 9 and rotate with Bud imo with macca sitting out.

possm

Coach
Sloan is in our 17 long-term. He just needs to gain the confidence and experience. So, whether it's Ramsey at fullback or Sloan, I'd like to see both in the 17.

When Hunt's contract ends, there will be a spot for Sullivan at 7 and I predict Sloan at 6. Maybe Amone who is still growing will end up being a 13.
1. Ramsey
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
13. Amone

They all need to grow and improve their defensive skills but what an exciting spine in attack!

For this to happen we need Sullivan to begin spending some game time at 7 and we also need to bring in an excellent defensive hooker. Of course, we still need some excellent forwards.

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feigai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Max Feigai
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
8. F Molo

10. M Molo
12. Su'A
13. Amone

14. Bird
15. De Belin

Crush

Coach
Sloan is in our 17 long-term. He just needs to gain the confidence and experience. So, whether it's Ramsey at fullback or Sloan, I'd like to see both in the 17.

When Hunt's contract ends, there will be a spot for Sullivan at 7 and I predict Sloan at 6. Maybe Amone who is still growing will end up being a 13.
1. Ramsey
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
13. Amone

They all need to grow and improve their defensive skills but what an exciting spine in attack!

For this to happen we need Sullivan to begin spending some game time at 7 and we also need to bring in an excellent defensive hooker. Of course, we still need some excellent forwards.

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feigai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Max Feigai
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
8. F Molo

10. M Molo
12. Su'A
13. Amone

14. Bird
15. De Belin

This is some of your best work poss, love it.

blacksafake

First Grade
I think Mbye was signed as a 14 & interviews with Hook & Mbye pre season said as much but with Sloan not coming along quick enough & injury earlier in the season to Ramsey forced Hook to play him at 1.
Now with the injury to McCullough Mbye is the obvious one to play 9.
I don’t think it’s wise to play Bud there full time. Just my opinion.
It’ll be interesting to see what happens when McCullough is back.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

1. Ramsey
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
13. Amone

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feigai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Max Feigai
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
8. F Molo

10. M Molo
12. Su'A
13. Amone

14. Bird
15. De Belin

where's Rava?

Dragon David

First Grade
When AM comes back at 9, where does Mbye go, if he goes 14, where does Sullivan go, hopefully AM doesnt come back...
He will come back and reports on Sporting News has him returning in round 14. They also say that Su'a is due back in round 12 same as Max Feagai. Don't know how accurate the reports are though and this is where the club is lacking in their advice to fans - no more interviews like we had with Nathan Pickworth.

So I hope that if the current team continues on their winning way, the team will stay as such and Macca goes to KOE Cup. But you never know with Hook. His love of Macca knows no bounds.

Latest posts