What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

blacksafake

First Grade
What have people seen from Ramsey to suggest he’s not/ could not be a good first grade FB?
Agree.
What I do like what he brings is plenty of energy, enthusiasm & courage along with his speed.
Doesn’t look to be a natural ball player but I reckon he’s the type that will learn & work hard on it.
If you watch him closely his efforts off the ball is very good & far superior to Sloan at present.

IMO has similar qualities to Gutherson & Edwards.

denis preston

First Grade
I think Sloans "reluctance "to get into the physical side will be fixed in the offseason. I expect him to start next year with a bigger body that will give him the confidence to play to his best and fix his defensive issues. In the meantime cant see him playing many ( or any ) NRL for the rest of the year. Some say the best way to improve is at the highest level but i think all the 1% he needs to cultivate can be best done in a more calmer classroom : Reserve grade.

BLM01

First Grade
I think Sloans "reluctance "to get into the physical side will be fixed in the offseason. I expect him to start next year with a bigger body that will give him the confidence to play to his best and fix his defensive issues. In the meantime cant see him playing many ( or any ) NRL for the rest of the year. Some say the best way to improve is at the highest level but i think all the 1% he needs to cultivate can be best done in a more calmer classroom : Reserve grade.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Have a real good feeling about Cody
Thinking in time he could become on of our very best No 1s
Like the way Amone is settling into NRL and starting to share the load with BH
Exciting time for Sullo on Sunday ..Havent seen much of him yet , but the wraps on here from some of our more learned contributors are enormous.
Drags will have at least 50% of crowd support on Sunday
wont be over awed and seem like a home game

getsmarty

Immortal
Have a real good feeling about Cody
Thinking in time he could become on of our very best No 1s
Like the way Amone is settling into NRL and starting to share the load with BH
Exciting time for Sullo on Sunday ..Havent seen much of him yet , but the wraps on here from some of our more learned contributors are enormous.
Drags will have at least 50% of crowd support on Sunday
wont be over awed and seem like a home game

Yep Agree...Although we Shouldn't discount Sloan... Excellent position to be in if we could keep them both...will be difficult.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Yep Agree...Although we Shouldn't discount Sloan... Excellent position to be in if we could keep them both...will be difficult.

the only way it can be done.....my backline for next season
Sloane
Ramsey
Suli
Lomax
Ravalawa
Amone
Sullivan
Yep I agree too getsmarty. Ramsey is definitely a keeper with his pace and high ball skills to date, and from what I have seen so far Sloan has better ball-playing skills than Ramsey with speed to burn too.

During the offseason, Sloan just needs to build his confidence, bulk up a bit more and work on his defense + lose the Borat style haircut and mustache.

I agree mostly with Budpower's backline for 2023 but the only thing I would change with some work in the offseason is to eventually move Suli to the backrow with Moose leaving and put Ramsey in at 3 or 4 with Lomax to add some speed in the centers. This way we have back up in the back 5 with the Feagai twins in case of injury.

Budpower

Juniors
Yep I agree too getsmarty. Ramsey is definitely a keeper with his pace and high ball skills to date, and from what I have seen so far Sloan has better ball-playing skills than Ramsey with speed to burn too.

During the offseason, Sloan just needs to build his confidence, bulk up a bit more and work on his defense + lose the Borat style haircut and mustache.

I agree mostly with Budpower's backline for 2023 but the only thing I would change with some work in the offseason is to eventually move Suli to the backrow with Moose leaving and put Ramsey in at 3 or 4 with Lomax to add some speed in the centers. This way we have back up in the back 5 with the Feagai twins in case of injury.

exactly, Codes could be a kind of B.Johnston style fast zippy centre IF Sloaney does mungrel work on his catching skills and defence to reclaim fullback spot, I think he will hes a superstar ....

possm

Coach
Sloan needs to be selected on the right-wing in our NRL Team. Let's see where he goes from there.

I am sure that T Stuart will end up playing in the centers. To have Ramsey, Sloan, Amone, and Sullivan all playing NRL together at Saints would be coming very special.

Dragon David

First Grade
love Cody but Sloan is the future... unsure when the future becomes the present tho, needs mongrel to fold into the natural talent
Sloan is the future together with his buddies. One day they will be in the first grade together killing it. Just got to be patient and build up. He has got to trust his mentors and he has a few of these I am told.

Latest posts