What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Walker.

GI Cordial

Juniors
Anybody know much about this kid? I just heard on the radio that we are talking to him

If so, it will make things interesting for our halves/centers long-term.

SOUTH Sydney are targeting Intrust Super Cup player of the year Cody Walker to bolster their playmaking options.
Souths have tabled a two-year deal to Walker after approaching the five-eighth in the lead-up to tonight?s clash against the Dragons.
Former Easts Tigers playmaker Walker was snapped by Melbourne over summer and must broker a release from the Storm to launch his NRL career at Redfern.

The 24-year-old was tipped to break through at the Storm this season but coach Craig Bellamy has opted for Ben Hampton to partner Cooper Cronk at the scrumbase.
Walker is living alone in Melbourne, and with Aboriginal family in the Redfern region he hopes Storm officials will give him a release.
The pursuit of Walker underscores Souths? scrumbase struggles. Boom five-eighth Luke Keary is sidelined until at least Round 18 with a shoulder problem, while halfback Adam Reynolds is in a form slump.
Walker is a clever ballplayer who was the leading pointscorer in the Intrust Super Cup last season. He has been praised by Broncos great and former Storm assistant coach Kevin Walters, who believes Walker has the ability to succeed in the NRL.
?Cody is a real talent,? Walters said last September when Walker signed with Storm. ?Cody actually came down to Melbourne in pre-season and he buggered his shoulder doing some wrestling drills, so we didn?t see a lot of him on the training field.
?But his attitude was good. There?s no questioning his ability and he will be a good acquisition for the Storm.?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Exciting prospect. Will be good to have someone to put pressure on the incumbents. He can play centre as well. Wouldn't think backup FB is beyond him either.

Haffa

Watched him almost every week for the Tigers the past few years. He has the skills to play FG but I can't imagine he'd be playing anywhere other than 5/8. Carried us to the GF last season.

Class player and a really nice bloke.

Franko

Juniors
It concerns me that he has not been able to get in the Melbourne side with their 5/8 issues. Romelo and Ben Roberts in front of him!!!

Now Cronk out as well and still can't get in.

t10do

Juniors
As far as I know he was on the verge of making his Storm debut a few weeks go and then did a hamstring so couldn't play (he has also missed a few games for the tigers so must be injured). And apparently Bellamy isn't too pleased that he is 'set' to join us so is working with players he knows he will have in the future.