What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coffee Machine help.

IFR33K

Coach
Hi all. I need some advice on coffee machines. Surely there’s a few caffeine addicts here. :grimacing:

Anyway, my delonghi machine shit itself today. And the opposition leader (wife) wants to upgrade the machine rather than fix it.

My question is are there certain brands to steer clear of? Should I go full automatic? My current machine is a EC860, and have no issues in parting with a few dollars on an upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Life's Good

Coach
Hi all. I need some advice on coffee machines. Surely there’s a few caffeine addicts here. :grimacing:

Anyway, my delonghi machine shit itself today. And the opposition leader (wife) wants to upgrade the machine rather than fix it.

My question is are there certain brands to steer clear of? Should I go full automatic? My current machine is a EC860, and have no issues in parting with a few dollars on an upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

If you’re not scared off by the Delonghi experience I recommend the Dedica Pump version. Easy to use, small footprint & hasn’t missed a beat in close to 3 years. I’m an espresso man but like the option of being able to froth my milk manually(I’m not a fan of fully automatic machines for the home).

Other than that head to one of the electrical stores to test the options available.

Best of luck.

upload_2018-12-12_7-36-14.jpeg

IFR33K

Coach
If you’re not scared off by the Delonghi experience I recommend the Dedica Pump version. Easy to use, small footprint & hasn’t missed a beat in close to 3 years. I’m an espresso man but like the option of being able to froth my milk manually(I’m not a fan of fully automatic machines for the home).

Other than that head to one of the electrical stores to test the options available.

Best of luck.

View attachment 25498

Thanks for the response. Is there an advantage frothing the milk manually?

Bazal

Post Whore

Best of luck.

View attachment 25498

This is what I have, although maybe a slightly older version. It's a belter IMO

Parra

Referee
shopping

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If you do it right then I believe it’s a better coffee - heat, volume, froth etc. (I’ve had some training on it - yes, I enjoy a good coffee).

This. You can get a way better result once you learn to do it yourself. The trick is keeping the steam nozzle just below the surface of the milk so the steam jet causes a vortex to form around the nozzle, that gives you that really nice dense creamy froth that you get in a cafe where the barista knows what they’re doing.

Eion

First Grade
Just go for a cheapo Aldi jobby with pods. That can get you through the day OK and save you the money to buy proper ones from your favourite shop that you’ll never replicate at home anyway.

Parra

Referee
If you put milk if coffee stop f**king around and just buy a milkshake.

Unless you are under 10 years old - then you can put milk and sugar in your coffee.

Eion

First Grade
You haven’t had a coffee that I make at home then!
Haha, you old tart, it’s a date!

My old man has this wizz bang thing he reckons is the cats pyjamas. I’ve got a mate with some $2k contraption and he reckons ‘it’s better than cafe’.

I just get a big old meh out of it...though don’t tell them that of course. Tell them it’s awesome...