What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coldplay, Oasis or Radiohead?

Your choice?

• Oasis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coldplay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moffo

Referee
A question that will divide the nation, sends nations to war and help the various worlds to collide.....

Which band is numero uno???

Tough, tough, tough question. All brilliant in their own way, i probably expect Coldplay to win given their current popularity but Oasis and Radiohead have pulled out some gun albums in the past

Cheers,
Moffo

Disco

Bench
I Love Coldplay and Oasis, i'm listining to "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" as i type this post

now as far as quality goes i really cant split them but i'll go for Oasis as they have past the test of time

as for radiohead, well there good but i'm not a huge fan

SP

Bench
Out of all those, ive only ever liked a few Coldplay songs, so i'll vote for them

ive never liked any by Oasis or Radiohead

dimitri

First Grade
i love rnb

its so smooth
so creamy
so sophisticated
so genuine
so classy

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

rnb

Disco

Bench
dimitri said:
i love rnb

its so smooth
so creamy
so sophisticated
so genuine
so classy

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

rnb
This thread has nothing to do with RnB, so why bother posting that

Moffo

Referee
Oasis are great, their early work is gold

Radiohead qualify in the unique category, i guess only a small percentage of people would really like their music. Much of it is dreamy, sort of appeals depending on my mood :D

Cheers,
Moffo

half

Coach
radiohead have the greatest level of variation throughout their music, and are way more inventive from album to album. most importantly, their songs are MUCH better composed. there's not just a sense of "this is where the chorus goes now, and let's follow that with a guitar bit" -everything is arranged with purpose. radiohead are clever, poetic and attentive to the aesthetics of sound - and also have far more artistic value and longevity than anything released by oasis or coldplay

aside form the obvious, coldplay are popular cos they make soft music that retains it's masculinity. their somewhat bland, inoffensive nature makes them ideal candidates for radio

miccle

Bench
I respect Radiohead the most out of those because they've been something really unique in the music industry. However, for my listening needs it's definately coldplay.

brook

First Grade
parrot said:
radiohead have the greatest level of variation throughout their music, and are way more inventive from album to album. most importantly, their songs are MUCH better composed. there's not just a sense of "this is where the chorus goes now, and let's follow that with a guitar bit" -everything is arranged with purpose. radiohead are clever, poetic and attentive to the aesthetics of sound - and also have far more artistic value and longevity than anything released by oasis or coldplay

aside form the obvious, coldplay are popular cos they make soft music that retains it's masculinity. their somewhat bland, inoffensive nature makes them ideal candidates for radio

I never thought i'd say this but I agree with everything you just said :?

JoeD

First Grade
Radiohead with Coldplay coming a close second. Never really liked Oasis.

millersnose

Post Whore
i cant believe this is a serious question

radiohead by 10,000 miles

(but i want a refund on that kid a crap) :lol:

JoeD

First Grade
millersnose said:
i cant believe this is a serious question

radiohead by 10,000 miles

(but i want a refund on that kid a crap) :lol:

Millers, have you heard their latest? Is it worth getting?

millersnose

Post Whore
no i kinda got scared off by the last couple

but i have heard it is better

but i will listen first this time

Moffo

Referee
Well, Radiohead have put out some gun music. Sometimes i think they go a bit to far though, they should relax a little and rock out like only they can! Hail to the thief has some really good songs on it but i found myself losing interest during other bits of the album

I think Coldplay will continue to improve, they will be one of the big bands of the next 5-10yrs

Cheers,
Moffo

WH Nook

Juniors
Coldplay are a symptom of the malaise surrounding the current music scene, especially in Britain. The fact that many middle of the road middle aged people find them easy on the ear is testament to their mediocrity.

My vote went to Radiohead. I find them far more interesting to listen to. Alright, you can take your hand out now Mr Yorke...... :lol:

A better poll would have been to pit Coldplay with those other purvayors of tedium, Stereophonics and Travis.

Moffo

Referee
I cant bring myself to type the word Travis mate, its just too painful :lol:

A good band will usually appeal to a wide range of people. Im going to give Coldplay at least one more album before i call them tedious and fit for the older generation

Cheers,
Moffo

Latest posts