What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colin Best

dubby

Bench
Raiders fans were gutted to see him leave. From what I've seen, he has been solid for you guys too.

Are Rabbits fans generally happy with him? If not, send him back to the ACT! :D

Dave Q

Coach
IMO he has well exceeded all expectations I had of him.

And he doesnt look like he is playing anything near his capacity.

Champs should be back in for Corro and I can see Colin and Champs making a quite lethal backline combo.

Colin will create the chances and Champs is a noted finisher.

Both are capable defenders.

Nemesis

Bench
I think he's only scored one try so far, but Besty's defence has been rock solid and he pulled off at least 3 one on one try savers against the Warriors yesterday. He's really done a heap of great work in defence, and hasn't been getting much quality ball, so not too many opportunities in attack yet, but always looks dangerous and is hard to stop close to the line. Has carried his good form over from last year and should be in consideration for SOO.

I was dissapointed to see him leave too. Still a fan although he has been a bit quiet so far. Had a ripper in the Charity Shield though.

Dave Q

Coach
Hes one of those weird and freaky players that sort of looms up into celebrity, but instead of falling into the abyss, hes hanging on and maybe even improving.

He didnt get a billion chances at the raiders last year, but what he did do was recognised quality. A bit like Merritt.

If pressed through injury or suspension, I think he could cope with 5/8 or judging by his defence, even some role in the forwards might be on the cards.

glory glory

Juniors
We haven't had a lot of luck over the years trying to get a top quality centre. Vagana, McDougall, Hegarty and Chris Walker to name a few.
This bloke is the real deal.

OVP

Coach
I wish he'd start scoring tries, i have him in my fantasy league team and Im not doing very well atm lol

BPS

Juniors
He and Sutton are getting in each others way atm, but after a couple more games I think you'll see a pretty lethal combination happening.

I'd keep him, he'll be scoring some tries soon enough

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
i am so glad he will be marking that monster centre from the bulldogs... none of our centres from last year would be up to it

hindyrabbit

Juniors
do you guys read what you write. best is a noted finisher he's not a ball player and would get damaged in the forwards. all souths attacking plays go right to merritt and best is on the left but give him an inch and he'll take a mile i.e soliola

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Best = Buy of the year

For the Rabbitohs perhaps, but bigger picture I think the Bulldogs could probably claim two or three of the top five "best buys of the season" so far, with the Dragons could claim a couple of the other slots.

These guys are having a huge impact in their new teams ...
Ennis (Bulldogs)
Moon (Warriors)
Ellis (Tigers)
Boyd (Dragons)
Folau (Broncos)
Kimmorley (Bulldogs)

Many other are very good and contributing greatly, but are not radically changing their sides at this point. They could easily move up to the top list, though, after a few more games). They include:
Best (Rabbitohs)
Barrett (Sharks)
Jeremy Smith (Dragons)
Gorrell (Broncos)
Weyman (Dragons)
Hannant (Bulldogs)
Eastwood (Bulldogs)
Josh Morris (Bulldogs)

Most others fall into the "okay" category, but I reckon there have been some duds too.

Duds, in my personal opinion, so far:
Teo (Broncos)
Chris Bailey (Sea Eagles)
Tupou (Sharks)
Matiua (Sharks)
Hughes (Sharks)
Ben Rogers (Knights)
Kafusi (Cowboys)

Early bolters for Rookie of the Year, assuming they actually qualify:
Idris (Bulldogs)
Croker (Raiders)
Dugan (Raiders)
Wade Graham (Panthers)
Uate (Knights)

Sorry for the off-topic rant. I think I'm bored.

proto

Juniors
don't forget Bronson Harrison!

he;s been killing it. Shillington is only getting better too

Sugar

Bench
For the Rabbitohs perhaps, but bigger picture I think the Bulldogs could probably claim two or three of the top five "best buys of the season" so far, with the Dragons could claim a couple of the other slots.

These guys are having a huge impact in their new teams ...
Ennis (Bulldogs)
Moon (Warriors)
Ellis (Tigers)
Boyd (Dragons)
Folau (Broncos)
Kimmorley (Bulldogs)

Many other are very good and contributing greatly, but are not radically changing their sides at this point. They could easily move up to the top list, though, after a few more games). They include:
Best (Rabbitohs)
Barrett (Sharks)
Jeremy Smith (Dragons)
Gorrell (Broncos)
Weyman (Dragons)
Hannant (Bulldogs)
Eastwood (Bulldogs)
Josh Morris (Bulldogs)

Most others fall into the "okay" category, but I reckon there have been some duds too.

Duds, in my personal opinion, so far:
Teo (Broncos)
Chris Bailey (Sea Eagles)
Tupou (Sharks)
Matiua (Sharks)
Hughes (Sharks)
Ben Rogers (Knights)
Kafusi (Cowboys)

Early bolters for Rookie of the Year, assuming they actually qualify:
Idris (Bulldogs)
Croker (Raiders)
Dugan (Raiders)
Wade Graham (Panthers)
Uate (Knights)

Sorry for the off-topic rant. I think I'm bored.
I never even thought of the other teams........and i dont think i will start now;-)
Best = Buy of the year