1. Round 5 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 5 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for is out now!

This week it's Penrith v Canberra so we look at the competition leaders with second rower Kurt Capewell, while we also share the story of the birth of the Glebe Dirty Reds, and as always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 5 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Colin Fraser

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by getsmarty, Feb 23, 2021.

1. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Hollywood is home
    Local Sport
    [​IMG]
    Return: Colin Fraser (right) is now the new Penshurst RSL U16's coach.

Colin "Hollywood" Fraser has returned to his junior Rugby League club, the Penshurst RSL Kookaburras.

His career as a professional rugby league player went from representing the NSW under 18's to first grade with the St George Dragons, Sydney City Roosters, Central Coast and Western Australia.

Col said the pandemic had changed plans for him and provided the opportunity to reconnect with his first club.

"Throughout my football career, I always wanted to give back to my junior club. However, I could never find the right amount of time. "

Club president Sean Willett said COVID-19 restrictions had rescheduled its sixty-year celebrations.

"Hollywood has been a positive link between the old boys and the 2021 players. We are grateful he is our Junior Vice President and u16s coach."

Penshurst has three players selected into St George rep squads, Manase Feiloakitau - Harold Matthews, Tom Pitkethley and Jonathan Delinicolis- S.G. Ball.

Sean said the boys had earned their spot doing the extras at training and displaying great sportsmanship.

Register via https://www.playrugbyleague.com/

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/7133742/fraser-returns-to-junior-kookas/?cs=1633

2. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Had an old “friend” who used to work with him a long time ago. From memory he was a financial advisor. I used to sit & have a chat with him whenever I got the chance. Nice bloke.

3. denis preston

denis preston First Grade

My old side , many ,many , years ago !!! Before, Chris Johns, Burgess, Quirk, Dufty etc.

jak, redv13 and getsmarty like this.
  4. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Were Ricky or Paul Milton or Keith Kerr there when you were?

5. denis preston

denis preston First Grade

No, unless they were mid to late sixties ! The o'sullivans, Barker & O'briens were dominant then.

6. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Miltons were definitely playing junior footy there then but a bit younger probably
    In 69 they would have been 17 or so
    I had O’Briens (a very big family) as neighbours in Peakhurst the eldest boys being Tom, Dennis, Patrick, Ken all played junior footy before the Peakhurst Hawks were formed but not sure which club if not Penshurst maybe Riverwood United.

7. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

Man I love that old jersey it is so iconic. With the Dragons jersey the simpler the better.

8. DragonInTheInnerWest

DragonInTheInnerWest Juniors

Geez we could do with a Col Fraser, Chris Walsh and a Snake O’Grady atm.

Inisai Toga likes this.
  9. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

Yep FCD still got my Penfolds jersey...little worse for wear but still holds pride iof place at my joint........

be55 likes this.