What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colts and ISC Grand Final spoiler and comments

Stewbum

Juniors
Easy first try to Wynnum colts out wide Flying Sea Rats 4 - The Scum 0.

Conversion flies to the left.

Stewbum

Juniors
Sea Rats winger pounces on a well placed kick 8-0. A moment later a bust down the left results in a third, this time converted.

Flying Sea Rats 14 lead The Scum 0.

Stewbum

Juniors
.Two more Wynnum tries during a urination/beverage stop and the half time score was Flying Sea Rats 24 - 0.

10 minutes in the 2nd stanza Easts finally settle a flying catch 2metres out results in their first points. The important conversion is good from 8metres in and The Scum trail 24-6.

Stewbum

Juniors
Did I just spend $31 on 4 schooners? FFS!

Easts are in again. 18 left on the clock and another crucial kick goes through. The Scum bring it back to 12 points.

no name

Coach
18-10 to Burleigh kick to come.

Commentary box absolutely willing the Dolphins home.

The Partisan

Another good final in my opinion.

Burleigh deserved winners; Redcliffe gallant in defeat.

All the best to the Bears in next week's National Championship.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Terrific game, high quality and deserved premiers. Well done Burleigh!

Redcliffe losing took the edge off the Colts disappointment.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Good match without being a classic.

It did lack atmosphere with the supporters of both teams very quiet until the Burleigh lot got excited once they had it won. Fogerty took a conversion kick from the sideline in front of the crowd and you could have sworn it was a tennis match given the silence of the crowd. Wouldn't have happened when Norm Clarke, Wayne Stewart or Peter Lobegeiger were lining one up. Their parentage was questioned in those days......

Everything is becoming sanitised. Soon you won't be allowed to criticise the officials or the other team........might be time then to give it away.

Sigh.....
Sigh.... Indeed :(

Third grand final loss in a row but Burleigh were too good in the end.

After the Nichols try, I thought the game was there for the taking for Reddy if they could get another one. But the Bears repelled those advances and Cullen's try was the clincher.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Redcliffe didn't seem to have anyone to make the big play when it mattered. Their last tackle options were average on numerous occasions and they just didn't run hard enough at Burleigh when they had them on the back foot.

expansionist

Juniors
I thought Redcliffe could have won it - they in my opinion seemed to lack belief in themselves, and never took opportunities that presented themselves outwide.

Any number of times i though Redcliffe had big overlaps out wide, and could have gone one pass wider to beat Burleigh on the edges, but always turned it back in on the inside.

I dont know if this is a coaching thing or a halves lack of vision thing, but Burleigh invited them outside and they never took it,