What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the Raiders still in talks to get his brother?

The rumours are still hanging around about Mick yeah, there have been quotes from the raiders that they are going to stick with the young halves/hookers we have, but the rumour of mick coming back just wont go away.

Pumba

First Grade
Roosters sign Samoan international

Samoan international Smith Samau has signed a dual contact with the Sydney Roosters and Newtown Jets for the remainder of the 2009 season.

The 24-year-old had stints at the Melbourne Storm and Gold Coast Titans before making his way to Bondi and will be a handy backup at both wing and fullback.

He played three matches for his country in the 2008 World Cup and comes to the club with 10 NRL matches under his belt.

Roosters Recruitment officer Peter O’Sullivan said Samau has great speed and is a promising young player.

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/news.php?ArticleID=3859

blain

Juniors
shaun johnson, (the guy who andrew johns said was super talented, and a special player) re-signs with the warriors until the end of 2011.

great news :) (was said on the NYC warriors game coverage on sky)

Pumba

First Grade
Donnelly released by Titans

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans wish to advise that prop Ian Donnelly has been granted a release from the final year of his contract with the club.

Donnelly has been granted an immediate release to join NRL club Cronulla.

Titans Media Release

Pumba

First Grade
Friend to stay a Titan until 2011

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have today secured a major coup, with in-form hooker Nathan Friend re-signing with the club.

Friend has agreed to terms on a renewed two-year deal for seasons 2010 and 2011.

Jetstar Titans managing director Michael Searle said it was great to be able to secure the services of Friend, who has been a model of consistency for the club over the past 18 months.

“Nathan has been a part of this club since our inaugural year in 2007 and I’m pleased that he will remain a significant member of the Titans playing roster well into the future,’’ said Searle.

“We have always been eager to keep Nathan at the club and it’s great that we have been able to come to an agreement.

“His commitment on the field has been second to none during his time with the club and I’m sure that will continue now that his future is sorted.’’

The 28-year-old has played 48 matches for the Titans since making his debut for the club in 2007 and currently leads the race for the club’s Paul Broughton Medal after four rounds of the competition.

Friend said he was ‘ecstatic’ to have settled his future with the Titans, adding that something special was building at the club.

“I’m ecstatic to be here. I think we’ve got something special and I dare say with the young guys coming through that we will develop into a pretty handy side over the next couple of years,’’ said Friend.

“To be a part of a club for a long period of time is probably every player’s dream.

“To be around the same bunch of guys for three or four years, I think that will bring success as well.

“I think we’re building on something pretty positive so I’m very happy to stay here for another couple of years.

“The wife is very happy so that makes me happy. It’s great that life is secured for the next two years.’’

Jetstar Titans coach John Cartwright said Friend had a great work ethic which made him a valuable member of the club’s playing group.

“He wanted to stay and we always wanted to keep him, it was just a matter of coming to the middle ground and we have,’’ said Cartwright.

“He’s got a tremendous work ethic, he’s very professional and that type of thing is rubbing off on some of the younger guys.’’

Link

Sugar

Bench
Obviously he just received a top up thanks to Donnelly being released. Money talks in the end.
Not to sure if a prop leaving gave them cap space to extend him when 2 months ago they were prepared to throw bucket loads of cash at Smith and Farah

Coaster

Bench
Friend wanted a 4 year deal, Titans wouldnt offer that, and looked elsewhere, He has now agreed to a 2 year deal, which is great news for both parties.

Friendy is an awesome player, and im stoked to have him here for 2 more years, but we couldnt afford to lose young players like Lawton in the process.

t1tan

Juniors
Not to sure if a prop leaving gave them cap space to extend him when 2 months ago they were prepared to throw bucket loads of cash at Smith and Farah

Friend wanted a 4 year deal, Titans wouldnt offer that, and looked elsewhere, He has now agreed to a 2 year deal

See its not always about ca$h,my privately owned bunny .

thomo

Juniors
Friend wanted a 4 year deal, Titans wouldnt offer that, and looked elsewhere, He has now agreed to a 2 year deal

See its not always about ca$h,my privately owned bunny .

While you are correct, I'm sure their latest offer to him was a lot more generous compared to the 2 year deal they were offering him last year. But in the end both parties were winners so good luck to both of them.

Corbin

Juniors
shaun johnson, (the guy who andrew johns said was super talented, and a special player) re-signs with the warriors until the end of 2011.

great news :) (was said on the NYC warriors game coverage on sky)

Awesome stuff.

Give him about 2 off seasons and he'll hit his straps.

AILD

Bench
my bro rang me and told me on ten news they confirmed finch had signed with the storm for rest of this year...cant find a link or anything tho, and i didnt see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts