What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locky24

Juniors
my bro rang me and told me on ten news they confirmed finch had signed with the storm for rest of this year...cant find a link or anything tho, and i didnt see it.

They were interviewing finch, on foxsports just before, and he said he just returned from a holiday.

And he is hoping to sort out his playing future in the next 48 hours. But he said he is keen on playing with the storm.

Pumba

First Grade
Brett Finch signs with Melbourne Storm

Melbourne Storm is pleased to announce that it has secured the services of representative halfback Brett Finch for the remainder of the 2009 season. Finch officially agreed to a short-term deal with the club early this afternoon.

The former New South Wales State-of-Origin halfback will arrive in Melbourne later this week.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy said he was delighted to secure Finch’s services for the remainder of the season.

“Brett’s a quality player, there’s no doubt about that,’’ said Bellamy.

“He will add depth and experience to our squad and it gives us further options in the halves.

“James Maloney was tremendous for us on debut against Penrith on Saturday night so there will be plenty of competition for spots.”

Link

AILD

Bench
beat me to it.

i dont think finch and maloney will fight it out...bellyache will give it straight to finch...which sucks.

Coaster

Bench
Nor could us fans be any happier, fantastic player, person and role-model, and i still think his best years are ahead of him, which is saying something

Smiley

Bench
Broncos sign future star

Brisbane are not in the habit of signing young players to multi-year deals unless they display the potential of a Karmichael Hunt or Israel Folau.

So for young utility Alex Glenn to land a three-year deal with the six-time premiers off the back of one season with the club's U/20 side is a massive compliment for the unassuming Auckland-born 20-year-old.

link

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25378564-14823,00.html

THE man once billed as the next Sonny Bill Williams has walked out on a $600,000 contract with Cronulla - freeing up enough money for the wooden-spoon favourites to chase a high-profile player. Karl Filiga, 20, has left the Sharks on compassionate grounds, his once-promising NRL career in tatters.
Filiga left the Bulldogs in late 2007 to sign a massive three-year deal with Cronulla worth $200,000 a season.
But he played just 11 minutes of first grade during a 2008 match against Penrith in round 13.
That is equivalent to $20,000 a minute in the NRL.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Sharks chief executive Tony Zappia and coach Ricky Stuart now have $400,000 in their salary cap chequebook to splash out on a marquee player this year.
There were suggestions last night that Filiga was training with Canterbury junior club Chester Hill, who play in the Bundaberg Red Cup.
"Karl requested a release on compassionate grounds," Zappia said last night. "He can't play anywhere else until he gets a clearance from us. I don't know where he is at the moment or what his intentions are. The whole situation is very disappointing."

Asked what players he would target with the extra money, Zappia said: "We are reviewing the situation."
Given the club's poor attack, the Sharks may chase an outside back, possibly Manly's David
Williams. Asked if he was interested in Filiga, Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore said: "You never say never to anything. He has spent some time here at the Bulldogs. Karl was offered huge money to go to Cronulla. If he's available and playing for Chester Hill, then we could get a look at him first-hand."
Filiga had trouble overcoming chest and foot injuries while at Cronulla.

Jebediah

Juniors
Kouparitsas to the Sydney Roosters.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25405932-5012431,00.html

The Bulldogs' depth will be tested after the club agreed to release backrower Nick Kouparitsas to join the Sydney Roosters.
Kouparitsas, 25, will train with the Roosters today and is expected to play NSW Cup for Newtown this weekend.
He was originally scheduled to join the Roosters early this month but the deal broke down when his management failed to reach terms on a severance fee with the Dogs.
It now appears the parties have agreed to terms, clearing the way for Kouparitsas to join former Bulldogs teammates Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley, Nate Myles and Braith Anasta at the Roosters.

Pumba

First Grade
Price re-signs with Warriors for 2010

Skipper Steve Price is set to play another season at the Warriors.

It has been confirmed that Price has signed on for another year at the Auckland based NRL club.

The 35 year-old is currently the oldest player in the NRL at present.

The popular captain missed a couple of games this season with a throat injury.

The Warriors are in Sydney to prepare for Sunday's match against the Dragons.

TVNZ

Avenger

Immortal
Steve Price is the best front rower that I have seen and I have been watching the game since 1976.

One Warrior

Bench
Can you believe that Graham Lowe is saying that this is a bad move by the Warriors as it will holdup the development of younger players.:crazy: Hasn't held up Packer.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.