What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
Damn would have loved Cleary to snare him more than any otyer player. Great for tge Warriors and should be their lynchpin long term. Hope Elliott doesn't ruin him.

POPEYE

Coach
You hope Elliott doesn't ruin him . . . that'll do me

Maybe Matty will one day progess to Coach of the Kangaroos if the criteria is trying to rein in a f**king loose canon with one hand and steer the ship with another . . . Shaun Marshall or Benji Johnson, I get confused

nrlnrl

First Grade
now it's official, Aaron Woods re-signs with Tigers until end of 2017

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-display/Aaron-Woods-resigns-with-Wests-Tigers/90179

Aaron Woods re-signs with Wests Tigers

Monday 10 February 2014 8:09 AM

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that Aaron Woods has re-signed with the Club for a further three years.

The new deal is a significant boost leading into this weekend’s NRL Auckland Nines tournament and secures the prop forward until the end of the 2017 season with the option of a fourth year (2018) within the contract. Woods made his NRL debut in the 2011 season and has gone on to play 64 matches for the Wests Tigers, already establishing himself as part of the Club’s leadership group at just 22-years of age. An impressive run of form, including winning Wests Tigers’ Player of the Year Award in 2012 led to Woods playing two matches for New South Wales last year.

“I’m really happy with the new deal, it’s great to get it out of the way before the season starts so I can concentrate on footy,” Woods said.
“As a local junior, all I wanted to do is stay with the Club so I’m really excited. We have a good platform for the next couple of years with talented young guys coming through and that is one of the reasons why I wanted to stay.”

Head Coach Mick Potter was pleased with new deal for Woods that will see him remain at the Club until the end of the 2017 season. “I’m really pleased that Aaron will be a part of the Wests Tigers for another three years,” said Potter. “Re-signing a player like Aaron on a long-term contract provides great stability for our club and is a massive step forward as we build for the future. It’s great to see Aaron decide to stay with the club and he’s a key part of our future plans. “The club’s had a couple of tough years on the field but I’m confident that with players such as Aaron on our roster we will be stronger in the years to come.”

Wests Tigers CEO Grant Mayer says there are exciting times ahead at the Club. “Aaron is a great young guy who is no doubt ahead of his time, at just 22-years-old he is already part of our leadership group,” Mayer said.
“Many of the younger players look up to Aaron and it’s great to have a player of his calibre at the Club.” Woods made a successful return from a knee injury that kept him sidelined for the latter part of 2013 on Saturday in the 32-8 win over Penrith at Kirkham Oval, Camden.

Aaron Woods – Player Profile
Date of Birth: 13/3/1991 (Leichhardt)
Junior Club: Leichhardt Juniors
Position: Prop
Height: 193cm Weight: 109kg
Rep Honours: 2 games NSW (2013), City Origin (2012), Prime Minister’s XIII (2012)

Tommy Smith

Referee
Seconded. Glad to see Woods stay.

He'll be the cornerstone up front in the Tigers rebuild. And in two years time I suspect that they'll be a top 4 side again.

ballbag

Juniors
he had been training at the knights, I guess he'd be behind a few now so he has chosen to continue his pro footy career and travel as well. He was contracted to Wests Newcastle along primarily so he will leave a big void in their ranks, primarily to play fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.