What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

King hit

Coach
Have a feeling that the Maloney/Cleary combo will be a winner for the Panthers. Cleary is already a star playmaker and he is going to learn a hell of a lot playing beside an Australian/NSW player, 2 time premiership winner and a born winner.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Not a dig at the Broncos(there is plenty of time for that later)but you really have to question the struggle to secure quality, proven players? Their biggest recruit, Jack Bird, still has a lot of question marks on him.

You mean a current Origin player, a premiership winner and Dally M rookie of the year all in his first 3 years of grade isn’t ‘quality’? What defines ‘quality’ then if being picked for origin in your second year of grade football isn’t enough to satisfy you?

As to our ability to attract talent, you know what? I think you might be correct... I mean afterall in the last 3 years all we have managed to sign is Darius Boyd, Anthony Milford, James Roberts, Adam Blair, Jack Bird, Tevita Pangai Junior and now Lodge.

So yeah you’re probably right. Out of last 7 ‘major’ signings only 3 of them are current Origin players and only 2 are internationals. What shocking ‘quality’...

Jason Simmons

Juniors
People might finally start to be realising brisbaneis a shithole

Says the bloke who supports a team based in Townsville? Lol! That is gold. Why don’t you share with us all the delights of Deeragun? The ‘wonders’ of ‘Happy Valley’...

Tell me? Has the Townsville City Council turned the water or power back on for ‘Happy Valley’ yet?

Life's Good

Coach
You mean a current Origin player, a premiership winner and Dally M rookie of the year all in his first 3 years of grade isn’t ‘quality’? What defines ‘quality’ then if being picked for origin in your second year of grade football isn’t enough to satisfy you?

As to our ability to attract talent, you know what? I think you might be correct... I mean afterall in the last 3 years all we have managed to sign is Darius Boyd, Anthony Milford, James Roberts, Adam Blair, Jack Bird, Tevita Pangai Junior and now Lodge.

So yeah you’re probably right. Out of last 7 ‘major’ signings only 3 of them are current Origin players and only 2 are internationals. What shocking ‘quality’...

So you’re classifying Lodge as a major signing? Makes sense.

Anyway, can you remind how many premierships they contributed too in the last, I don’t know, 11 years?

Jason Simmons

Juniors
So you’re classifying Lodge as a major signing? Makes sense.

Anyway, can you remind how many premierships they contributed too in the last, I don’t know, 11 years?

So only ‘premiership’ winners are ‘quality’ now are they? Make your mind up. Bird just won one last year... So is he ‘quality’ or is he not?

Life's Good

Coach
So only ‘premiership’ winners are ‘quality’ now are they? Make your mind up. Bird just won one last year... So is he ‘quality’ or is he not?

I don’t think he’s worth a million bucks, that’s for sure.

As for Lodge he hasn’t played NRL since 2015(and only played about 14 games of F/G in total). How do you know he is a quality signing? What are you basing his quality on?

Last edited:

Pedge1971

First Grade

Top quality meltdown Simmo. Defend your grubby club.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
I don’t think he’s worth a million bucks, that’s for sure.

As for Lodge he hasn’t played NRL since 2015(and only played about 14 games of F/G in total). How do you know he is a quality signing? What are you basing his quality on?

Just as well we didn’t sign him for a million a season then. Just ask anyone on here (particularly a Canberra fan).

All we sign players for is a coke and a pie and ludicrously inflated TPA’s.

Chris Garry has said Bird is on $750k a year at the Broncs and if any publicly known figure is going to be accurate about a abroncs player, his track record of accurate calls has to be considered.

It is only Buzz ‘life member of the Sharks’ Rothfield who despite denying for six months he was even coming to the Broncs, was inexplicably also saying we signed him for anywhere between $1m and $1.2m a season and that figure is now for some reason believed...

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Just as well we didn’t sign him for a million a season then. Just ask anyone on here (particularly a Canberra fan).

Chris Garry has said Bird is on $750k a year at the Broncs and if any publicly known figure is going to be accurate about a abroncs player, his track record of accurate calls has to be considered.

It is only Buzz ‘life member of the Sharks’ Rothfield who despite denying for six months he was even coming to the Broncs, was inexplicably also saying we signed him for anywhere between $1m and $1.2m a season and that figure is now for some reason believed...
Knights offered 800k and it is widely known the Broncs went kver the top at the last minute.

beave

Coach
Says the bloke who supports a team based in Townsville? Lol! That is gold. Why don’t you share with us all the delights of Deeragun? The ‘wonders’ of ‘Happy Valley’...

Tell me? Has the Townsville City Council turned the water or power back on for ‘Happy Valley’ yet?
mKNWKx80RFXFfKW8MMXfLBT0JfQnMO_pfavRPaO24BJMn5PK3l_pGt5EwxX0qDG0TxGq6iXVEKS_0K0G8tEEDN3phual5ooHWnhGgrfXlo5numu3KyvPQJtO-Hs=w240-h226-nc

2015 still burns, doesn’t it sweetheart?

All that money and corporate backing Brisbane had and you still couldn’t beat the little team from regional North Queensland when it mattered the most.

For every shithole you mention in Tvl I can give you 2 in Brisbane. Should we bring up the jewels in Brisbanes crown like Inala and Logan? Or focus on the metropolii of Redbank and Morayfield?

Pedge1971

First Grade
mKNWKx80RFXFfKW8MMXfLBT0JfQnMO_pfavRPaO24BJMn5PK3l_pGt5EwxX0qDG0TxGq6iXVEKS_0K0G8tEEDN3phual5ooHWnhGgrfXlo5numu3KyvPQJtO-Hs=w240-h226-nc

All that money and corporate backing Brisbane had and you still couldn’t beat the little team from regional North Queensland when it mattered the most.

For every shithole you mention in Tvl I can give you 2 in Brisbane. Should we bring up the jewels in Brisbanes crown like Inala and Logan?

That is being very unfair to Springwood mate. Brisbane is a prerry f**ked up place. Makes Oakey look civilised...

First Grade

For every shithole you mention in Tvl I can give you 2 in Brisbane. Should we bring up the jewels in Brisbanes crown like Inala and Logan? Or focus on the metropolii of Redbank and Morayfield?
Redbank is part Of Ipswich and is actually developing into an awesome place, Logan is part of Logan city not Brisbane, Morayfield isn't a suburb of Brisbane either. But I get the point you failed at making.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Redbank is part Of Ipswich and is actually developing into an awesome place, Logan is part of Logan city not Brisbane, Morayfield isn't a suburb of Brisbane either. But I get the point you failed at making.

Shhhh. Don’t you know facts aren’t welcome around here?

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Knights offered 800k and it is widely known the Broncs went kver the top at the last minute.

Very widely known. Except to some guy called Jack Bird and his manager...

Only $800k? Bah you can do better than that. Even Sloshedfield has claimed $1m and up to as much as $1.2m a year, when he wasn’t insisting Bird was about to backflip at any second...

Life's Good

Coach

I have magic some beans that I would like to sell you.

SBD82

Coach

And yet according to all broncos fans Ben hunt is on 1.2m a season, despite his management and dragons recruitment both denying that it's anywhere near this figure.

I like this game.

Latest posts