What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Pete Cash

Post Whore
i really dont get the logic of signing john bateman. from what ive seen he isnt as good as either of our starting backrowers who play 80 minutes. that means moving tapine to lock or prop which is weakening two positions imo.

the worst case scenario is that we have a backrow of bateman, bateman and whitehead which will lack impact simply to move papalii (god i hope we keep him) and tapine up front.

one of the only good things to come out of this year is the backrow. why would that be messed with. we need props (sutton good start) and spine players (???) not backrowers

it strikes me as a signing for the sake of signing

macavity

Referee
How many top props out there play over 60mins and make a big impact with ball in hand?

Woods (lol), Klemmer, Bromwich, Taupau...

Falls away quick to either workers (Graham, Prior, Scott and the like) or 40 minute props (Vaughn, Boyd, Paulo, etc).

It's what infuriates me with the Knights recruitment of props. Ours have no impact and we refuse to pay decent money for impact props "because they don't play big minutes".... we could have had Vaughn for $500k and signed Glasby for $460k instead.... genius.

Tiger5150

Bench
How many top props out there play over 60mins and make a big impact with ball in hand?

Woods (lol), Klemmer, Bromwich, Taupau...

Falls away quick to either workers (Graham, Prior, Scott and the like) or 40 minute props (Vaughn, Boyd, Paulo, etc).

It's what infuriates me with the Knights recruitment of props. Ours have no impact and we refuse to pay decent money for impact props "because they don't play big minutes".... we could have had Vaughn for $500k and signed Glasby for $460k instead.... genius.

Packer........has been invaluable to the Tigers

ek999

First Grade
i really dont get the logic of signing john bateman. from what ive seen he isnt as good as either of our starting backrowers who play 80 minutes. that means moving tapine to lock or prop which is weakening two positions imo.

the worst case scenario is that we have a backrow of bateman, bateman and whitehead which will lack impact simply to move papalii (god i hope we keep him) and tapine up front.

one of the only good things to come out of this year is the backrow. why would that be messed with. we need props (sutton good start) and spine players (???) not backrowers

it strikes me as a signing for the sake of signing

Just Ricky playing some 4D chess

He just lost two fat forwards on big money deals to other clubs. If Bateman weighs 80% of what Boyd weighs, he only needs to pay him 80% of Boyd's salary. He can then fatten him up to play prop but frees up space under the salary cap

Absolute genius

Pete Cash

Post Whore
i could be wrong here. ive only seen him play like a couple of games but its not a position we are desperate on.

maybe it will be a genius move but i think my concern is mostly the other bateman (luke) starting if papalii and tapine are moved to prop. i dont mind luke bateman off the bench doing a bit of donkey work when boyd is hooked up to an oxygen tank after his 25 minutes on the field but starting at lock no thanks

Tiger5150

Bench
Nice of the Knights to pay his mrs for 12 months while he served time... for him to repay us by signing with Saints.

Thats a sad story. I'm sure the Knights listed that as part of their salary cap. Makes the story even sadder. Oh thats right that was back in the glory days of the Knights. Im sure it was "the Knights" paying his Mrs and not Tinkler, N.

Oh well, back to the point. He is a great forward who regularly spits out 60plus minutes of high impact work.

macavity

Referee
Thats a sad story. I'm sure the Knights listed that as part of their salary cap. Makes the story even sadder. Oh thats right that was back in the glory days of the Knights. Im sure it was "the Knights" paying his Mrs and not Tinkler, N.

Oh well, back to the point. He is a great forward who regularly spits out 60plus minutes of high impact work.

Tinkler didn't pay anyone...