What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

GongPanther

Referee
Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me if Newcastle gave the top 8 a shot next season. Brown has built a respectable team.

Even with the recent signings,it still will take time for things to jell together. Don't be surprised if a slow start ensues,with a likely wet sail into the finals. But there will be teething problems from the start for sure.

aqua_duck

Coach
Even with the recent signings,it still will take time for things to jell together. Don't be surprised if a slow start ensues,with a likely wet sail into the finals. But there will be teething problems from the start for sure.
I think most of the important combinations are already in place, whilst we have signed a quite a few players the majority of new signings are middle forwards who will simply be tasked with carting the ball up and laying a platform. We started the season quite well last season when there well way more challenges with players gelling as we had 4 new signings in the spine, what derailed us was injuries to the spine and lack of depth in the middles.
I mean last season we only had 2 players play every game (SKD and Guerra), the starting spine players missed almost 30 matches between them.

BennyV

Referee
Shaun Johnson (2018): “My god the Warriors are a poorly run club. I hope they grant me a release so I can up and leave, go to Sydney and join a successful, professional, well-run club...”

Shaun Johnson (2019): “...Well f**k...”

Shaun Johnson (2018): “My god the Warriors are a poorly run club. I hope they grant me a release so I can up and leave, go to Sydney and join a successful, professional, well-run club...”

Shaun Johnson (2019): “...Well f**k...”
“Well f**k, this is better, a forward pack with some heart

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
He doesn’t have to hold his breath And cringe a bit every time he does a long cut out pass to his winger with the try line beckoning anymore

Tommy Smith

Referee
It would be the week after they both rack up 100+ SuperCoach scores and tear it up just to make it that much more infuriating
Oh for sure.

Rnd 26 they'll carve the Eels up 50 nil then in wk 1 or 2 in the finals they'll miss half a dozen tackles each and rack up a combined 18m running in a comfortable loss - basically just like they did this year for their respective teams.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Had sj as my goal kicker in my draft teams for a few seasons in a row so I watched often with interest. I’ve never seen someone have a 4on 2 overlap and then step and go back inside and hand it off to someone standing still for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Not doing a origin Mitchell Pearce style and dummy and take it himself and get smashed and knock on but at least attack at where it should be going, or do a stupid benji like no look pass for no reason and clear the touch judge by 2m (but still throw something at where the attack should be going) but actually see what is on and then make a conscious decision to do the complete opposite for
Absolutely no logical reason.

I can’t think of another playmaker like it