What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

All contracts had a cooling off period back then I think so not Canberra's f**k up.

We also don't know all the details for the backflip. For instance Andrew Fifita reneged on that massive Bulldogs deal of $800k a year because after agreeing it turned out Bulldogs wanted to pay like $120k a year for the first 2 and backload the rest which didn't work for him.

Dunno the details of Fifitas deal but just don’t sign it if it doesn’t work.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
There is some crazy wraps on Burton and now a massive contract for a guy that has only played two first grade games. One against the completely demoralised Warriors straight after covid restart and the other where he spectacularly shat the bed against the busted knights.

I wish the kid well and he obviously has a lot of talent, but there is now huge pressure and weight of expectations on him unnecessarily.
Played 6 games. His debut was against the Sharks in 2019 and he tore them apart. Stuck behind an established pair this year. No reason he'll be released a day early.

t-ba

Post Whore
usually the number one reason to undermine a coach

I remember when Jason Taylor was implicated in the undermining of Peter Louis which was probably in it's own small way partly responsible for the Bears demise. Sometimes it the player associated with the undermining who then becomes the coach who gets undermined. Several times! Karma's a bitch I guess.

Last edited:
I remember when Jason Taylor undermined Peter Louis and was probably in his own small way partly responsible for the Bears demise. Sometimes it the player doing the undermining who then becomes the coach who gets undermined. Several times! Karma's a bitch I guess.

Jason Taylor seems like a top bloke. Only top blokes get clocked by Fa’alogo. Jason Taylor and Braith Anasta.

The_Frog

First Grade
no way in the world he will stay at penrith next year
It's not up to him. He's on a development contract. They will need halves cover for rep period and injuries. And finally, they won't want to reward a bloke for leaving a year early. If he gives trouble, send him to St Marys.

shear_joy9

Coach
It's not up to him. He's on a development contract. They will need halves cover for rep period and injuries. And finally, they won't want to reward a bloke for leaving a year early. If he gives trouble, send him to St Marys.

he'll be in a dogs jersey before christmas.
there is nothing to gain for penrith to keep him for the year. Develop another clubs player while holding back other promising juniors.

The_Frog

First Grade
he'll be in a dogs jersey before christmas.
there is nothing to gain for penrith to keep him for the year. Develop another clubs player while holding back other promising juniors.
I dunno. It's always good to win reserve grade. It'll show other players that when you sign a deal, you sign a deal. Unless the Dogs have something to offer in return which seems doubtful.

shear_joy9

Coach
I dunno. It's always good to win reserve grade. It'll show other players that when you sign a deal, you sign a deal. Unless the Dogs have something to offer in return which seems doubtful.

he just has to say he has some stories about Tyrone May he would like to share and penrith will pack his bags for him and give him a nice christmas bonus on top.

Tiger5150

Bench

I think you are 100% right. Penrith should hold on tight to Burton as hard as they can. If things get awkward, particularly with negotiations with Crichton, they can always release Laurie to the Tigers early to release pressure. Either way Im sure the right thing will be done because if anyone knows the value of a Contract, or more importantly the value of a good mans word, it is Cleary, I.

Word is bond.

The_Frog

First Grade
I think you are 100% right. Penrith should hold on tight to Burton as hard as they can. If things get awkward, particularly with negotiations with Crichton, they can always release Laurie to the Tigers early to release pressure. Either way Im sure the right thing will be done because if anyone knows the value of a Contract, or more importantly the value of a good mans word, it is Cleary, I.

Word is bond.
Fair enough point, I suppose, but he did pay a six figure sum which was accepted, and the head coach does have a far greater scope to f**k things up than a kid playing Ron Massey Cup for St Marys.