What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

aqua_duck

Coach
Where are all those posters claiming that Vaughn would struggle to get another gig?

If there is one constant in the NRL, is that we reward dickheads constantly.

So next year Vaughan and Dufty can have another lockdown BBQ, TPJ can invite his bikie mates, Adam Elliott will strip nude whilst singing sweet Caroline and trying to crack on all his team mates partners and Naden can bring the nose beers, did I miss anyone?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
So next year white and Dufty can have another lockdown BBQ, TPJ can invite his bikie mates, Adam Elliott will strip nude whilst singing sweet Caroline and trying to crack on all his team mates partners and Naden can bring the nose beers, did I miss anyone?

Okunbor will bring his Misses along, she will have to be home by 8 though that’s her bed time, has to be fresh for school the next day.

dogslife

Coach
Vaughan is 30 as well. Which the last couple of pages of this thread and grade 3 maths has taught me is a "still in your prime" number

aqua_duck

Coach
Okunbor will bring his Misses along, she will have to be home by 8 though that’s her bed time, has to be fresh for school the next day.
Omg how could I forget knock on bor. How could all the younger guys not succeed with so many esteemed characters at the club

BadnMean

Juniors
So next year Vaughan and Dufty can have another lockdown BBQ, TPJ can invite his bikie mates, Adam Elliott will strip nude whilst singing sweet Caroline and trying to crack on all his team mates partners and Naden can bring the nose beers, did I miss anyone?
Baz doing shirtless push ups on the bar top?

nick87

Coach
That's a pretty long extension for a guy who's about to turn 32....

this is where Sharks fans can take some note

Yep, it is. He’s still a good and valuable player for us now, but there is a real possibility the last 12-18 months of that deal is not good
We had him contracted until the end of 2022 I believe, a 1 year extension and play it year by year after that would have been a much smarter move

see… is that so hard?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
All happening at the team bonding session at Coffs Harbour

Wizardman

First Grade
this is where Sharks fans can take some note

Yep, it is. He’s still a good and valuable player for us now, but there is a real possibility the last 12-18 months of that deal is not good
We had him contracted until the end of 2022 I believe, a 1 year extension and play it year by year after that would have been a much smarter move

see… is that so hard?
I think Whitehead has been pretty average over the last few years. Bit tricky to keep him for basically another three years. I feel the same about the Finucane deal.....as good as he is. Im not seeing Dale perform well in that final year. I think the man is even off his peak now.....still good but his production is a bit down on previous years.

BadnMean

Juniors
I think Whitehead has been pretty average over the last few years. Bit tricky to keep him for basically another three years. I feel the same about the Finucane deal.....as good as he is. Im not seeing Dale perform well in that final year. I think the man is even off his peak now.....still good but his production is a bit down on previous years.
Maybe you could make a comp for Whitehead being average this year but he led the comp for backrowers line breaks & try assists for most of last season (before Kikau went pas him) and had his best defensive numbers ever. 2019 & 2020 were absolute vintage seasons from him.

He's looked half a step behind a couple of times this year. But he can play middle if it comes to that, he's been great at lock before and he'd be like a slightly bigger, more skilful Luke THompson as a prop.

nick87

Coach
Agreed. I think he's been down on form this year (along with virtually everyone else in the Raiders team) but this is the first year he hasnt been an out and out superstar for us.
Its a risky deal for sure, you're extending thinking this is just a form slump... if it's not though, and he's just losing it with age, this is going to look like a very bad deal in 12 months time... though i also agree that even as he slows down and he's not got the legs to play edge anymore, he can probably churn out another good 1-2 seasons as a mobile middle third player

Risky deal none the less.

yobbo84

First Grade
Finucane is worth $700-800k a season to the Sharks. The price they got is good. The length of the deal is the questionable part.

yobbo84

First Grade
Yeah it's a roll of the dice to see if he can get back to his best. If he comes here to stuff around then he won't last long. One year on little money it's not much risk. I think next year we'll see:

1. Mitchell
6. Taaffe
7. Walker
14. Milford

Latest posts