What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Good luck Souffs. You're gonna need it with this bloke. He has simply forgotten how to be a footballer.

Also 650k for Papa to stay at Melbourne.......just lol. It is criminal how much that mob get away with in this comp.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
I wonder if he's still the worst player in the world according to the Knights fans on here.
To summarise our forum, it's a pretty mixed reaction. Most are concerned about the 3 years in particular.

yobbo84

First Grade
To summarise our forum, it's a pretty mixed reaction. Most are concerned about the 3 years in particular.
I'd say the three years is the reason he went to you blokes. Concern for you is that he's basically played everywhere in the backline for us and has only now excelled once settling at left centre. He's just nowhere near as good on the right. And last I checked you had a pretty good left centre...

Dogs Of War

Coach
Mbye is one of the worst players in the comp irrespective of his salary. How any club can watch his performances and think, "that's what we need" is insane. Just accepting mediocrity signing a bum like that

I think he would be a good 14. Cover nearly all backline positions and hooker. At the price you guys are getting him, it's more than worth it. It's not like your paying West Tiger's rates.

And honestly your picking him up while you wait for your next lot of juniors to come through. I've heard that you have a great set coming up through the ranks. Be nice to hear the Dogs have some of those...

StormFred

Juniors
Melbourne Storm has added Newcastle Knights forward Josh King to its NRL squad for the 2022 and 2023 seasons.

The 25-year-old has had six seasons with Newcastle, playing 76 NRL matches including 14 this year as the Knights push for a top-eight berth.

Storm General Manager – Football Frank Ponissi said King had received a strong recommendation from his former Knights teammate Tim Glasby who is now on Storm’s recruitment staff.

Josh displays a number of traits which we love at Storm, and look for in players we recruit, both with his on-field performance and his character and personality off the field.
Frank Ponissi
“Tim had a close-up look at Josh as a teammate and liked what he saw.

“He’s a hard worker, committed to improving his game and as a middle forward, we expect that his best years are still to come.

“We’re very happy he’s committed to spending the next two years with us and pushing for a place in our top 17.”

As well as being an accomplished NRL forward, King is the Knights’ nominee for the Ken Stephen Medal this year for his work with the inspirational kids at the John Hunter Children’s Hospital.

His addition is the fourth to Storm’s NRL squad this week.

Front-rower Jordan Grant will be part of the club’s top 30 squad for the first time in 2022 after signing a new contract with the reigning NRL premiers.

Fijian international winger Isaac Lumelume has also agreed to terms with Storm for next season, while Bronson Garlick has signed a development contract for 2022.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts