What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

shear_joy9

Coach

If this is the best the Dolphins can do, signing Isaako and talking him up as a "point scoring machine".....JFC they are in dire need of some Storm/Rorters like tongue on balls from the NRL in order to be successful in the short term. If they were banking on Bennett drawing the big names, they have yet to be satisfied.
shows how poor the depth is when scrubs like Isaako get another contract. The guy was even dogshit in the q-cup.
No doubt he's signed for minimum wage purely as a name signing instead of a rookie no one has heard of.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Hang on there mate . . . after him spending so much time in the WT pages . . . are you telling me he still has time to bust the sharkie's balls too ?
Yeah comes and goes but he usually manages to ruffle a few feathers along the way. Way too much time on his hands if he’s trolling multiple clubs forums imo.

some11

Referee
dave-chappelle-dont-like.gif

Colk

First Grade
shows how poor the depth is when scrubs like Isaako get another contract. The guy was even dogshit in the q-cup.
No doubt he's signed for minimum wage purely as a name signing instead of a rookie no one has heard of.

That is what happens when you have no purchasing power. The distribution of talent is a bigger problem than depth.

blaza88z

Coach

What gets me is the media trying to make it seem like they took one right from under our feet as if nobody seen it coming, every single list I had seen with a potential targets for the Dolphins had Isaako on it. Under Donaghy, Walters and Ikin the club has made the right calls regarding who to let go and who not to let go (this all began about halfway through last year so the Walsh thing isn't included here, as that's when Donaghy was able to take his position due to legal reasons).

Isaako was never getting another contract with us, we've got a few younger players who are already better. It's not a coup, it's not someone they've poached, he's not a Bronco's star, it's a guy on the outer who tried his arse off for the club but ultimately couldn't consistently put it together and as a result of that, he's not longer required past his current contract.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I'm disappointed to lose him based on the fact that I saw a fair amount of potential in him that largely hasn't been realised because of the impact COVID has had in general on junior development and for him, that has mainly been his defensive development.

Attack wise I think he has a pretty high ceiling already but missing a couple of years in defensive development in the lower grades has meant he will be on a pretty steep learning curve for his next 12 months (if he is seeing regular first grade).

His attacking flair and strength is there but he still has a bit to learn on positional play - some junior footage in the package below and there is more on his appearances for the junior Blues if you wanted to dig...

I think they will end up being happy with him but there is still some development to get him to regular NRL standard

roofromoz

First Grade
they know thats not the good one right?

lol he was on a train and trial contract.

If Critta is not remembered for anything else post-career, he scored a really freakish intercept try in the final round of the 2018 season versus Melbourne

soc123_au

Staff member
Wayne seems to be going after players closer to his own age. Not sure that is the way to go tbh.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think Bromwich has been pretty overrated for a while now. He had a few great seasons 2014-2016, but has cruised on reputation since then a fair bit.

He’ll be a good get for the Dolphins as a leader figure but I’m not surprised Melbourne are ok letting him go.