What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

mozza91

Coach
Typical Bennett signing. Looking forward to him throwing it in after a couple of seasons because he’s done all he could with them.

Someguy

First Grade
Wayne seems to be going after players closer to his own age. Not sure that is the way to go tbh.

wayne is a Trojan horse! Going to bring this club down from the inside. Going by current signings they will be nowhere to start with and in a state of decline from an ageing squad

In Bennett's defence, the two recent introductions to the NRL were Souths and Titans. Souths signed Asostasi and not much else and really struggled until Crowe and Co came along. Titans signed a great squad and were in the finals pretty early on.

Long term, the success of a club is not really contingent on the initial squad nor coach. It's really about the governance and corporate structure. And in short, the dolphins are terrible there too. Typical old school rugba leeg white blokes without any vision nor drive.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I was going to say another step in the destruction of a former club by Bennett but Nicholls is another one too old.

Typical Bennett signing. Looking forward to him throwing it in after a couple of seasons because he’s done all he could with them.
What are the odds of Bennett not even getting to the starting line? Can’t really see him trying to ‘build’ something….

Dogs Of War

Coach
What are the odds of Bennett not even getting to the starting line? Can’t really see him trying to ‘build’ something….

Given he will be moving into a Gus role with the club eventually, I think building and coaching the initial squad and then handing over the reigns is something he will think as leaving a legacy at the club.

Addin Fonua-Blake re-signs with the NZ Warriors until the end of 2026.

Gun player.

I think every league follower, irrespective of who they support, would love to see the Warriors do well over the next few years; they have sacrificed a lot over recent years.

Saxon

Bench
Given he will be moving into a Gus role with the club eventually, I think building and coaching the initial squad and then handing over the reigns is something he will think as leaving a legacy at the club.
Like the legacy he left for the Broncos (twice), St Merge and Knights?
A rabble of over-paid, over the hill or never was players and years of mountain climbing to get back to being even remotely competitive?

Are you suggesting their administrators should be selected based on their race?
Not at all but a board of directors having grown up in regional Queensland with life experience being concentrated in rugby league is not benefical for the legacy of the club.

Compare that to the board of the roosters and Souths and you'll see why they are better run clubs.

Like the legacy he left for the Broncos (twice), St Merge and Knights?
A rabble of over-paid, over the hill or never was players and years of mountain climbing to get back to being even remotely competitive?
I was going to respond to the earlier comment suggesting that I think there is only one legacy that Wayne really cares about…

10$ Ferret

Staff member
What do bugger all, look after a few mates and then claim credit for anything that goes right and blame others for anything that goes wrong....