What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

mozza91

Coach
Don’t know why we’ve signed the bloke. Pretty average player and person. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

nick87

Coach
Don’t know why we’ve signed the bloke. Pretty average player and person. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

My theory... you signed him for the reason we wanted to keep him. And it's not because he can play at an NRL level.
It's to keep (for you) or sign (for us) Millie Boyle for the WNRL long term

He tries hard, but i haven't seen a single raiders fan who wanted to keep him to begin with, and who isnt happy he's leaving. He's the definition of plodder.

dogslife

Coach
Adam Elliott made Lachlan Lewis look like a Rhodes scholar. I honestly think the NRL should use him as patient zero for walking CTE, and get out in front of any potential lawsuits in the future from other players

nick87

Coach
Adam Elliott made Lachlan Lewis look like a Rhodes scholar. I honestly think the NRL should use him as patient zero for walking CTE, and get out in front of any potential lawsuits in the future from other players

He's AT LEAST 3rd in line for that role behind Martin Lang and Josh Miller.

mozza91

Coach
He’s played for the Bulldogs, Raiders and will be at the Knights next year. It’s safe to safe he’ll never be the 1st in anything.

Someone2

Juniors
My theory... you signed him for the reason we wanted to keep him. And it's not because he can play at an NRL level.
It's to keep (for you) or sign (for us) Millie Boyle for the WNRL long term

He tries hard, but i haven't seen a single raiders fan who wanted to keep him to begin with, and who isnt happy he's leaving. He's the definition of plodder.
The whole nrlw salary cap is 350K

so why pay Elliot 500K to get Millie for 30K?

nick87

Coach
The whole nrlw salary cap is 350K

so why pay Elliot 500K to get Millie for 30K?

I dont know. She's a superstar in that league, and maybe it's all relative? Being good in the NRLW is a good PR story that feeds into the bottom line? There might some commercial gain from that...IDK... But i cant figure out any other reason why two NRL clubs would fight over Adam Elliott. He's just not very good, so i have to look to other reasons why clubs would want him

Elliotts 3 best games this year by far were the ones where he played the majority of the game at hooker. Maybe theres something in that value wise for Newcastle considering their weakness there over the years

and theres no way either Canberra or Newie were paying him or offering him $500K unless that was the total over 3 years

dogslife

Coach

steve-harvey-thank-you-jesus.gif

Can we send him now?