What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats Dugan

Cryptic

Juniors
Big congrats to Dugan on making the NSW SoO side, only down side is he won't be playing for us this weekend (and the NRL gave us the most geniused byes EVER).

Gaseous Clay

Juniors
Lucky to get the nod imo, especially after his inept defensive performance on the weekend. Still, he's proven himself to be capable many times over - good luck Josh.

mongoose

Coach
Very happy for Dugan.

I will also say as a NSW supporter it's madness that Hayne isn't in the side somewhere. In fact I would have him at 5/8.

hindy111

Post Whore
Good luck Josh.Great player-Not sure what the Hayne fuss is all about-Dugan is much better player-I mean sure he doesnt set up tries or doesnt set up line breaks like Hayne-He doesnt destroy an opposition single handly like Hayne and he cant single handed win you a game and he isnt as good a tackler.BUT he is safer and when you have halves in the mould of soward and peirce-Possible to of the greatest to wear the sky blue than why would you even want HAYNE geting in the way
GO DUGAN

Best thing about this is that you can play for the raiders and make rep sides. This might encourage him to re-sign in the future. I guess it helps having Sheens, meninga and sticky as the rep coaches

hindy111

Post Whore
Dugan got the gig cause stuart is a raider and Biased.There is no way dugan is in the same class as Hayne-Ricky is a pidgeon mate-And this article confirms it.He has left out NSW best player for a injury prone guy who has played 4 games this year.
Haynes taken parra to a GF-Is a dally m player of the year.
Dugan is a fantastic talent but to say he has done enough to take haynes spot is jst silly....He got the gig cause he is ready to lick stuart hairy a$$hole

Dugan got the gig cause stuart is a raider and Biased.There is no way dugan is in the same class as Hayne-Ricky is a pidgeon mate-And this article confirms it.He has left out NSW best player for a injury prone guy who has played 4 games this year.
Dugan is a fantastic talent but to say he has done enough to take haynes spot is jst silly....He got the gig cause he is ready to lick stuart hairy a$$hole

yawn

people whinging about Hayne are just bitter Dugan is a rare talent, 21 and the more origin experience the better he is origin made. yes hayne has played more origin and NRL than Dugan but this doesnt mean he warrants it more. I know Dugan hasnt had the best 2011 but he has showed what a great player he is at rep level also

skeepe

Immortal

Shove your bitterness right up your clacker you deluded mongoloid.

nickraider

Juniors
Good luck Josh.Great player-Not sure what the Hayne fuss is all about-Dugan is much better player-I mean sure he doesnt set up tries or doesnt set up line breaks like Hayne-He doesnt destroy an opposition single handly like Hayne and he cant single handed win you a game and he isnt as good a tackler.BUT he is safer and when you have halves in the mould of soward and peirce-Possible to of the greatest to wear the sky blue than why would you even want HAYNE geting in the way
GO DUGAN

What a load of bulls**t.

Good luck Duges. Fully deserved imo.

Cryptic

Juniors
Got to love how NSW think... They have been crying and CRYING for years that "we need to do what QLD did and build a team from the ground up, lose a few games if we have to but do it the way QLD did"... So they go and pick a few young players, and everyone is crying they didn't pick the same old shit they lost with the last five years... Make up your f**king mind....

Either way I'm a QLDer so no skin off my nose... I think Dugan will go well for NSW, I like to see Raiders to well in Origin, just not to the point that QLD loses because of it :p

Got to love how NSW think... They have been crying and CRYING for years that "we need to do what QLD did and build a team from the ground up, lose a few games if we have to but do it the way QLD did"... So they go and pick a few young players, and everyone is crying they didn't pick the same old shit they lost with the last five years... Make up your f**king mind....

Either way I'm a QLDer so no skin off my nose... I think Dugan will go well for NSW, I like to see Raiders to well in Origin, just not to the point that QLD loses because of it :p

Its not so much a NSW thing , its a Sydney media thing. They have a wankfest with certain players ( Hayne , Idris , Burgess and Marshal ) to name a few. So when the 2 didnt get picked , its boo hoo , how can you leave them out.
I think Ricky explained the direction of the selections well , for those who missed out , suck it up. ( which most have )

HevyDevy

Coach
Actually, as an Eels fan myself, I had no problem with Dugan being picked and he proved himself last night in difficult circumstances. Performed very well.

However, the fact is that both Hayne and Dugan could and should be in the side. Hayne has played most of his games on the wing for NSW and has been easily their best player overall the past few seasons. And let's face it, NSW need all the strike they can get.

All of this "I'm a Raiders fan so Dugan is the best, no I'm an Eels fan so Hayne is the best" crap is pathetic and useless.

Two great players. Play them both.

Raider_69

Post Whore
100% agree with the above post
this isnt a straight out dugan v hayne shoot out one or the other.

The question isnt Hayne or Dugan, its pick 3 of the 4 of: Hayne, Dugan, Uate and Morris...

its not a hard question on who shouldnt be there

sydraider

First Grade
Actually, as an Eels fan myself, I had no problem with Dugan being picked and he proved himself last night in difficult circumstances. Performed very well.

However, the fact is that both Hayne and Dugan could and should be in the side. Hayne has played most of his games on the wing for NSW and has been easily their best player overall the past few seasons. And let's face it, NSW need all the strike they can get.

All of this "I'm a Raiders fan so Dugan is the best, no I'm an Eels fan so Hayne is the best" crap is pathetic and useless.

Two great players. Play them both.

Cant argue with that, If hayne is on morris wing, the yow yeh try does not happen!