What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats guppies..

Dragon

Coach
Well done on a big performance tonight. I put the heading as 'guppies' not for lack of respect, but because u have such a young team.

Tonight they played like Sharks.

Looks like we can all look to next year now.

Another great local derby has been played tonight, see you next year scummers! ;-)

Alan Shore

First Grade
It was a great match.

Why isn't Byrne playing 5/8th with Firman? Timmins needs to go to Lock. Quite clearly that, no matter how well a team defends (like we did tonight), when you spend 10 minutes camped on the opposing line you need to come away with points. You lacked the penetration.

Yep, yet another wonderful local derby, but the result was never in doubt :D

Special K

Coach
The young blokes we have are going to be something great. I just hope they don't get bought by other clubs.

Sully showed tonight that he should be starting 5/8 next year and when Aitken gets back we can have him there and Sully at half.

good gawd how hard is it to pick our 5/8 for next year! So far I've said Dally, Aitken and now Sully as the best for the spot this year :shock:

Special K

Coach
I didn't notice Sully in defence last night...His passing is bad but his kicking game has improved out of sight.

Injected himself last night with his quick darts was golden. He ripped the dragqueens up in attack. Also threw a golden pass to Kent for that try. He was great last night.

I'll watch the replay but he really won me over last night...

Special K

Coach
Come on now Frenzy. That's what his 11th or so game? He lead the team around pretty well...

He took control of the team something Dallalana never did and he also took the line on. Both are good players but while Noddy is out I think Sully is our man. Oh well I guess we will see how he goes when we play a good team :D

millersnose

Post Whore
although that was the best game i have seen him play i think frenzy is spot on - and it was only the dragons

a 2004 starting spot for sullivan may be achievable but he will need to have a few blinders

cheese

Bench
Even if he did have some blinders, i dont think he would get a starting spot next year .......

Im thinking, and hoping that Aitken will get 1st crack at the #6 next season .........

However, if sullivan worked hard on his weaknesses in the offseason, i reckon his utility value off the bench in 2004 would be very handy indeed! Hes only played a small handful of games, he can only improve! Its not asthough he's all washed up, and on the verge of retirement..........he'll come good!

Cheers Dragon, your team has at least been in the running for the semis for most of the year. The local derby was spirited on and off the field on Saturday night.

I thought Sully, had a blinder last night. Some of his passes were miraculous, and his kicking was good. His defence could still improve, but he made no crucial misses last night. Kimmorley often misses a similar amount of tackles in a game. The Dragons directed a lot of traffic in Sully's direction, but I thought he handled it well.