What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats Shane Hayne

innsaneink

Referee
Congrats Shayne Hayne......on single handedly ruining yet again another first grade match, wrong decisions, not taking control early and just general incompetence has seen stoppage after stoppage, two or more players on report and a couple (so far) in the bin.
This guy is NOT NRL standard, this is his 2nd game back in the top grade since round 17 last year after being dropped to PL and flegg for substandard performances............just dump him Finch, dump him once & for all.

Saint 60

Juniors
Finch wont watch it --- and wont care unless he gets complaints

the coaches and players cant say a word..and the commentators dare not

go figure....

Tigerpete

Juniors
Hayne seriously is a pain, sorry for the rhyming but he is. The guy thinks he's the new Bill Harrigan, even bill with his eyes closed was better Shayne.

jamesgould

Juniors
When I saw we had this guy during the week I thought Good God, how long has this guy been back in first grade!?

And lo and behold, my opinion of him only lessoned tonight.

James.

Riddell

Juniors
Your name says it all. No seriously Hayne isn't that bad but occasionally he can come up with some really bad calls. Im not one to bitch on referees but he didn't seem to have much control in tonights game, or it just mighta bin a particularly heated game??

Albinomonkey

Juniors
thompsons pass went at least 1 metre backwards....
he gave newcastle a scrum when carmont clearly stripped the ball after the tackle was complete. newcastle scored in the next set.
justin poore tackled someone 1 millisecond after the ref blew the whistle. the player threw the ball at poore, who barely reacted until another newcastle player came in for no reason. he sin binned both and then gave newcastle the penalty... with no explanation for anything...

argh!

innsaneink

Referee
Phillips said:
the sin-binning was pathetic

It was to save face more than anything on his part.

The damage was done, he lost it early....the players have no respect for him, so often his games get heated and erupt into mayhem, the frustration just gets the better of the players,and fans too.

Iafeta

Referee
He's not a referee's pimply A hole.

If anyone saw his exhibition last week, it was an absolute joke. Penalty count was 7-3, should have been 18-3 with 3-4 of them in the bin. They took advantage of the fact he's a BS referee and he therefore helped stop any speed in the ruck, and therefore negated Price and Wiki's go forward.

Meh, him and Tony Archer are complete and utter kumquats of referee's really.

Alex28

Coach
the sin-binnings were rediculous agreed.

but Thompson's pass looked level on the TV cameras...shame the actual line on the field looked like it was at 45 degrees. it was forward...

ThrashViking

Juniors
Iafeta said:
He's not a referee's pimply A hole.

If anyone saw his exhibition last week, it was an absolute joke. Penalty count was 7-3, should have been 18-3 with 3-4 of them in the bin. They took advantage of the fact he's a BS referee and he therefore helped stop any speed in the ruck, and therefore negated Price and Wiki's go forward.

Meh, him and Tony Archer are complete and utter kumquats of referee's really.
Gavin Badger was the Warriors/Souths ref.
Badger was a f**kin joke! Im not sure who was worse, him or the video ref.
Havent seen the Knights/Dragons game yet.

Iafeta

Referee
ThrashViking said:
Gavin Badger was the Warriors/Souths ref.
Badger was a f**kin joke! Im not sure who was worse, him or the video ref.
Havent seen the Knights/Dragons game yet.

Badger wasn't as bad as Archer or Hayne for mine, although a few of his calls confused the bejesus out of me. Gee he put himself in an awkward position for the Polglase call, clearly he was held, he just inadvertently forgot to call held so the video ref had to award the try. The penalty on Te Mata was a joke, Muss Muss was playing the ball towards Bondi Beach all night and got away with it. As well as the knock on against Latu, he tried to play the ball, got to his feet, attempted to connect with the boot, Souths playing rolls through the ruck and knocks Latu off balance and suddenly its a knock on? What price for penalty for not clearing the ruck these days?? As far as the video ref goes, that was a hideous decision for Hookey's try, if that didn't touch Wood and then Vatuvei for a knock on, I'm not here. I swear to god, that was just dodgy.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Albinomonkey said:
thompsons pass went at least 1 metre backwards....
he gave newcastle a scrum when carmont clearly stripped the ball after the tackle was complete. newcastle scored in the next set.
justin poore tackled someone 1 millisecond after the ref blew the whistle. the player threw the ball at poore, who barely reacted until another newcastle player came in for no reason. he sin binned both and then gave newcastle the penalty... with no explanation for anything...

argh!

You f**king won you whinger!